Archived Autos & Motorsports Reviews Archived Autos & Motorsports Reviews

Archived Autos & Motorsports Reviews

ratings (439 Epinions reviews)

SUZUKI GS700E

Apr 15, 2000

Pros:Great handling, power, and comfort

Cons:extended exhaust (comes stock) makes the helmet lock impossible to use while riding

There is nothing that is equal to the feeling of crusing around on a motorcycle with the wind blowing past you as you as you ride, free. As all motorcycle owners know, riding can be a zen-like experience. It is calming, relaxing, and just loads of fun.

I recently purchased a suzuki GS700E sport-touring bike. This bike has been nothing but a blessing. It sits in a more upright position than the "crotch-rockets" so it is much more comfortable to ride on longer trips. The handling is supurb with it's 16 inch front wheel. It likes to take the corners with grace and style. With its 700 cc engine and four cylinders it is definately not lacking in the power department either. It runs the quarter mile in about 10 and a half seconds and runs from 0 to 60 in a hair over three seconds. Overall it is a supurb machine.

It is a fairly old bike with it being a 1985, but suzuki's are well know for wearing well and my bike often is thought to be an early to mid 90's model. Even though it is about 15 years old I have never had any problems with it. I have owned it for a year and the only work that I have had to do on is was replace the brake pads and the air filter. I guess that this just goes to show that a well maintained bike will last forever. Of all of the bikes that I have ridden, this one by far takes the cake.