Roberts, Nora Roberts, Nora

Roberts, Nora

ratings (30 Epinions reviews)

The Best Romance Writer EVER

Jul 18, 2000 (Updated Jul 30, 2000)

Pros:Paints an incredible picture with words; Incredible author; wonderful stories

Cons:topics are cliche (but I don't care!)

Reading is one of my favorite hobbies. I love getting so involved with a book that I completely lose all track of time. With really good authors, I feel as though I'm right there in the book with the characters.

When I was a freshman in college, I lived in a suite with three other girls. Each one of us had a different genre we preferred. You may think this is weird, but we would take turns leaving books in the bathroom. (I can't believe I just admitted that to the world.) I would leave books by Stephen King, Suzanne would leave Michael Crichton, Mel would leave John Grisham, and Tori left Nora Roberts. While one was in the shower, another would be fixing their make-up, and a third would be sitting on the floor, reading one of the novels left in the bathroom. That's how I fell in love with Nora Roberts.

The first book I ever read by Nora Roberts was Honest Illusions. Ohmygod, what a book that was! From the moment the lead characters met, I was completely hooked. The most recent I've read is Sweet Revenge. Her books just get better and better. The visual picture she paints with her words is absolutely amazing. I laugh, I cry, I go on an emotional roller coaster ride every time I read something she has written.

Often times, her books deal with a strong woman in a position of power that gets swept off her feet by a rogue, usually a thief or other sort of criminal. I love it! Yes it's cliche, but Roberts just writes it over and over so well. The places these stories take are both familiar (Chicago, New Orleans, New York), yet also exotic (Egypt, Jaquir, Paris).

Believe it or not, it is so easy to relate to the characters in the books. The reader can totally picture themselves in their position, no matter how fantastic it may be. You feel as though love really, truly exists, and can totally happen for you.

I have read a lot of books by Roberts, and each time I've never been able to put it down. I can't wait until I can dive into more! Even if you're not a huge romance fan (or even not one at all), Nora Roberts is a great author to begin with.

Trust me. Stephen King was my favorite author for years. Nora Roberts pushed him into second place.