Sprint Mobile Phone Service in Minneapolis/St Paul

Sprint Mobile Phone Service in Minneapolis/St Paul

ratings (17 Epinions reviews)

Not Worth Your Time or Money

May 30, 2003
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Local Coverage:
  • Plan Flexibility:
  • Customer Service:

Pros:Great Reception, Nice Phones, Free Call Waiting, Caller ID, and Long Distance (on most plans)

Cons:Terrible Customer Service, Website is Frequently Down, Expensive, Dropped Calls

The Bottom Line: Look elsewhere - going with Sprint would be a big mistake.

I have been a "loyal" Sprint PCS customer since the summer of 2001, and in that time, my satisfaction with Sprint has plummeted faster than WorldCom stock. In the beginning, I had no trouble getting reception (I reside in St. Paul for 9 months of the year), loved the fact that I only paid $30/month for cell phone service, and had great clear reception.
Now, however, it sometimes takes me 4 or 5 times attempting to place a call before it will actually go through, and sometimes there will be simply dead air for 10 seconds (that I'm being billed for) before the call will actually go through. I have had more calls dropped in the past 3 months than I did in the first year and a half, and I have to say that living in St. Paul, I should not be having this much trouble getting cell phone service. I usually pay my bill online, as I don't have any sort of waiting before they credit my account, but getting onto the Sprint website is extremely tricky - you have to be very lucky in order to find a time that it will let you access your account. I also have had my service shut off for no apparent reason, called customer service (which is almost nonexistant) and had them tell me that "There is no reason that your phone should not be working right now. Just shut your phone off and turn it back on and it should be working." Mind you, they were right, but as I use my phone as a business contact, I cannot afford to go through times of not having cell phone service. The other problem encountered due to the phone being a business contact is that I cannot afford to switch carriers, due to the fact that my phone number cannot be changed at the moment. But if the decline in Sprint's service continues, I will be forced to bite the bullet.
My advice to anyone looking into Sprint is to look elsewhere. Lately, a lot of cell phone carriers have been getting bad ratings, but there has to be something out there that can offer a lot more than Sprint can right now.

Amount Paid (US$): 30/Month

New Mobile Cell Phone Battery for Sprint HTC EVO Shift 4G Knight 35H00146-00M 35H00146-01M

LG Mach LS860 (Sprint)/(Boost Mobile) Zakka Multifunction Zipper Wallet Clutch w/Phone

Stay classy and fashionable while protecting your phone with the Zakka Multifunction Zipper Wallet Clutch w/Phone Slot! No need to carry around extra ...
www.CellularOutfitter.com

Crown Envelope Purse & Wallet Phone Case for LG Mach LS860 (Sprint) / (Boost Mobile)

Stay fashionable while protecting your phone with the Classy Envelope Wallet & Phone Case! No need to carry around extra bulk in your bag, just combin...

Samsung Sprint Galaxy S2 Epic Touch Solid Black Phone Case Cover

Samsung Sprint Galaxy S2 Epic Touch Solid Black Phone Case Cover

Personalize and protect your phone with solid snap-on covers - Various color selections to enhance your phone - Openings in cover allow for normal pho...
Cell Phone Cases

New Mobile Cell Phone Battery for Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE SPH-L300 SPRINT Virgin Mobile

Lg Mach Ls860 Battery + External + Car Charger + Usb Cable Sprint - Boost Mobile

Li-ion 1900 mAh Replacement Battery Universal External Dock Charger + Car Charger and USB Data Sync Cable For:Travel Home Wall Spare LG Mach LS860 Spr...

Samsung Sprint Galaxy S2 Epic Touch Solid Hot Pink Phone Case Cover

Samsung Sprint Galaxy S2 Epic Touch Solid Hot Pink Phone Case Cover

Cell Phone Cases

LG Mach LS860 (Sprint) / (Boost Mobile) Rubberized Protector Case - Hot Pink

LG Mach LS860 (Sprint) / (Boost Mobile) Rubberized Protector Case - Hot Pink

The ultimate in mobile protection: LG Mach LS860 (Sprint) / (Boost Mobile) Rubberized Protector Case.Offers unrivaled protection for the LG Mach LS860...