Sprint Mobile Phone Service in Minneapolis/St Paul

Sprint Mobile Phone Service in Minneapolis/St Paul

ratings (17 Epinions reviews)

Not Worth Your Time or Money

May 30, 2003
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Local Coverage:
  • Plan Flexibility:
  • Customer Service:

Pros:Great Reception, Nice Phones, Free Call Waiting, Caller ID, and Long Distance (on most plans)

Cons:Terrible Customer Service, Website is Frequently Down, Expensive, Dropped Calls

The Bottom Line: Look elsewhere - going with Sprint would be a big mistake.

I have been a "loyal" Sprint PCS customer since the summer of 2001, and in that time, my satisfaction with Sprint has plummeted faster than WorldCom stock. In the beginning, I had no trouble getting reception (I reside in St. Paul for 9 months of the year), loved the fact that I only paid $30/month for cell phone service, and had great clear reception.
Now, however, it sometimes takes me 4 or 5 times attempting to place a call before it will actually go through, and sometimes there will be simply dead air for 10 seconds (that I'm being billed for) before the call will actually go through. I have had more calls dropped in the past 3 months than I did in the first year and a half, and I have to say that living in St. Paul, I should not be having this much trouble getting cell phone service. I usually pay my bill online, as I don't have any sort of waiting before they credit my account, but getting onto the Sprint website is extremely tricky - you have to be very lucky in order to find a time that it will let you access your account. I also have had my service shut off for no apparent reason, called customer service (which is almost nonexistant) and had them tell me that "There is no reason that your phone should not be working right now. Just shut your phone off and turn it back on and it should be working." Mind you, they were right, but as I use my phone as a business contact, I cannot afford to go through times of not having cell phone service. The other problem encountered due to the phone being a business contact is that I cannot afford to switch carriers, due to the fact that my phone number cannot be changed at the moment. But if the decline in Sprint's service continues, I will be forced to bite the bullet.
My advice to anyone looking into Sprint is to look elsewhere. Lately, a lot of cell phone carriers have been getting bad ratings, but there has to be something out there that can offer a lot more than Sprint can right now.

Amount Paid (US$): 30/Month

Oversized Exquisite Horizontal Leather Mobile Phone Holder for ZTE Flash (Sprint)

Hand-crafted from full-grain, premium leather with a secure velcro support for attachment to dash or other surfaces, soft interior lining and reinforc...
www.CellularOutfitter.com

New Mobile Extended Cell Phone Battery + Back Cover for Sprint HTC EVO Shift 4G A7373 PG06100

Oversized Exquisite Horizontal Leather Mobile Phone Holder for HTC EVO 4G LTE (Sprint)

Design Your Own Sprint Vital / Virgin Mobile Supreme (ZTE N9810) Custom Skin

Design Your Own Sprint Vital / Virgin Mobile Supreme (ZTE N9810) Custom Skin

You can upload your own image and add text to customize your own Sprint Vital / Virgin Mobile Supreme (ZTE N9810) skin. Features : Premium and lon...
Cell Phone Shop

Lot Of 4 - In Box - Sprint Zte Ac30 Mobile Hotspot Wi-fi Compatibility - 160

Lot Of 4 - In Box - Sprint Zte Ac30 Mobile Hotspot Wi-fi Compatibility - 160

Lot of 4 - New in Unsealed Box - Sprint Zte Ac30 Mobile Hotspot Wi-fi Compatibility - 160 Hello, I have up for sale a lot of 4 new in unsealed box Spr...

Sprint Phone Connect 2 Model Pcdh364spc

Sprint Phone Connect 2 Model Pcdh364spc

New in box with instructions, open to take pictures. Sprint Phone Connect 2, Model # PCDH364SPC. Contents Include:Sprint Phone Connect Antenna Battery...

New Mobile Cell Phone Battery for Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE SPH-L300 SPRINT Virgin Mobile

LG Mach LS860 (Sprint)/(Boost Mobile) Textured Wallet Phone Case w/Crossbody Chain &

Unique in style, this textured wallet phone case is a functional accessory with a lot of character. Display your exceptional sense of taste while addi...

Sprint IPhone 5 phone

Sprint IPhone 5 phone

Sprint Iphone 5 phone for sale. Battery and charger is included. For use on the Sprint network.