Switchboard For Receiving Calls & Faxes While Online SWITCHBOARD

Switchboard For Receiving Calls & Faxes While Online SWITCHBOARD

ratings (2 Epinions reviews)

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY, BUY CATCH A CALL INSTEAD

May 31, 2003

Pros:ABSOLUTELY NONE

Cons:EVERYTHING

The Bottom Line: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS INFERIOR PIECE OF GARBAGE BUY CATCH A CALL INSTEAD, IT IS BY FAR A SUPERIOR PRODUCT.

I was at my local Wal-Mart and saw the Emerson switchboard for around $39, and thought what a clever idea. I noticed, however, that all 6 of the ones on the shelf had been opened and returned. I went to another Wal-Mart and found an unopened one. (I should have known something was wrong, but live and learn) I took it home, and the directions were about as clear as mud. I got the thing hooked up, and tried to go on line. I got a "no dial tone" error. I then tested the unit by plugging the modem phone cord into the fax port on the unit. I had dial tone. My phone also had tone. I plugged the phone into the modem port. No dial tone. The instruction booklet had a toll free number to call, which I called and got a recording that they are open 9AM to 4PM EST, Monday-Friday. Big help for a guy with a day job. The instructions also listed a web site for assistance. I went to the site, it is under construction. I took the piece of junk back to Wal-Mart, went to Target, and bought a Catch-A-Call. The instructions on Catch-A-Call were clear and detailed, yet easy to understand. I had the unit hooked up and working in less than 5 minutes. Catch-A-Call goes for about $50, but you GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT buy the Emerson Switchboard, Catch-A-Call is MUCH better. I since have done some research and have found NO POSITIVE reviews on the Emerson, and NO NEGATIVE reviews on the Catch-A-Call. You can find Catch-A-Call at Target and Radio Shack, or you can order it directly from the manufacturer at www.catchacall.com. And yes, their web site is FUNCTIONAL!!

Hope this helps someone and spares them the agony that I endured with this shoddy piece of garbage.