HoMedics Sound Spa Acoustic Relaxation Machine SS-200

HoMedics Sound Spa Acoustic Relaxation Machine SS-200

ratings (2 Epinions reviews)

Homedics Sound Spa has been a blessing to our Family!

Jun 30, 2003 (Updated Jun 30, 2003)

Pros:6 different sounds, volume control, automatic shut off, small in size

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: The Homedics Sound Spa has received daily use for over a year and is still going strong. Highly recommended for your family use!!

About 18 months ago, a friend and I were talking about my infant son and his horrible sleep habits. She suggested a sound machine and proceeded to order the Homedics Sound Spa as a gift for our family. At first we used it in my son's room to aid in his sleeping. He was found to wake up easily with our highway street sounds. It was of great help to him and established better sleep habits for him.

Then a year ago, we were blessed with another baby. She has not been the easiest baby and the Sound Spa became a part of her room and sleeping times. She has battled reflux, colic, allergies, sensory issues, and more. The Sound Spa is turned on daily for bedtime and all naps. I would highly recommend this particular sound machine. It will block out a lot of other noises!!!

Let me tell you more about the Homedics Sound Spa. It has six natural sounds for easy selection. They are: mountain stream, ocean waves, white noise (waterfall), summer night, heartbeat, and spring rain. We tend to play the summer night most of the time---I like to hear the crickets chirping. This sound spa can be displayed in 3 ways: hanging on the wall, laying flat on a surface, or use the enclosed stand to stand upright. The standing bracket is easy to snap into place and does not come off during every day use. We stand the sound spa on our daughter's dresser.

The sound spa has a volume knob and can be played very quietly or very loudly or anywhere in between for your listening pleasure. Another knob is just above the volume knob, this knob will select the auto timer. It can be turned off (to play until you turn it off) or you can select the timer in 15, 30, or 60 minutes. The button in the very middle is the on/off/resume button. It has a small red light when playing. The selection buttons are located at the top in a semi circle. The entire sound spa measures about 7 1/2 inches tall and 6 inches wide. It is very easy to place on a dresser (small, but big enough to do its job).

The Spa comes with an AC adaptor or can be used with four AA batteries, not included. The machine is white with gray knobs/buttons. The cost is about $15. Many online sites sell this sound spa, as well as your local Target and many other stores.

The Sound Spa comes with a 2 year limited warranty. For more information, contact HoMedics Service Center at 3000 Pontiac Trail, Commerce Township, MI 48390 www.homedics.com

Our family has used this many times daily for up to 10 hours at night continuously. It has not had any problems and has traveled well also. I highly recommend this small acoustic relaxation machine for your favorite quite time activity.