Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine Daily Shower Cleaner

ratings (7 Epinions reviews)

Shower Shine Scrubbing Bubbles: Leaving the Shower to Do the Work and Shine Away!

Aug 12, 2003 (Updated Aug 12, 2003)

Pros:Nice Scent, Works Effectively

Cons:Expense is high for a cleaning product, I think, $4.79 a bottle

The Bottom Line: The Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine Daily Shower Cleaner is great as long as you start off with a clean shower. It will make your shower sparkle!

For over a month now I have been madly spraying Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine onto the tile of my shower, bathtub and even on the curtain as well. Anything that would keep me from cleaning the shower each week would grab my interest at the grocery market. Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine is supposed to do just that.

Who likes to clean the bathroom anyways? I always remember when I was on “bathroom duty” for my chores, it seemed like the worst room possible to clean. I would rather use a toothbrush and wash my kitchen floor when I was in my teens to get money to go out with my friends. Chores always came first and every time I had to do the bathroom! It was horrid. I think I am still scarred from it.

I am lucky now, rather than cleaning up after three older brothers and my parents, I only have my fiancé and me to look after. I don’t do a lot of cleaning around the house and yet my house stays pretty spotless. Since my breakdown, my fiancé has attempted to do all the work as to not put any stress on me. I do try to do the bathroom though as once again, who wants to clean the bathroom? I know he doesn’t! So I take the bathroom under my wing and I have my armory of cleansers to keep things in order.

The most recent addition to my arsenal is Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine and I have been experimenting with it for five weeks. When I read the back of the spray bottle, which is clear and touches of pink, I noticed that it was suggested to start with a clean shower. I was interested to see if it worked well if you didn’t start with a clean shower so for the first week I sprayed it to see what happened. Not much did occur as I guess the suggestion to start with a clean shower is a MUST more than just a hint.

The second week, I started with a clean shower. I scrubbed it down with my Colgate Ajax with Bleach that I love and then after each shower I started using the Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine. I have used it for a month now and here is my verdict on this product.

The Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine is very effective and works quite well. It has even helped lift the soap scum off of my clear shower curtain. I have been able to maintain my shower as a clean as I want it to be through taking a few minutes of spraying the Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine all over the tile and the curtain. It is as simple as that.

Basically after each shower you just spray it down with Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine and it keeps up your shine and scours away that awful soap scum and the green fungus/mildew that can grow in between your tiles. I have loved this product! As Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine says itself, there is “no dull residue!” It has kept my walls clean of residue or mildew and the shine has remained.

What I especially like about the product is there are no fumes like with Clorox with bleach. It has a pretty light perfume scent that is left in your shower area. The fumes of other products when closed in an area like that really tend to bother me. My skin is also sensitive to them as well, so I have to use gloves with them. There was no need for gloves with the Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine.

It works on tile and glass showers. On the back of the spray bottle for instructions it says that it is “safe on acrylics and plastics.” You just mist the wet areas of your shower when you are done showering and poof, your shower stays clean! You can’t get any better than that. So after a month of this experiment with my clean start, I am more than satisfied with Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine.

The Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine says on the back of the bottle that it should last about 4 weeks, which is about right. Mine has lasted a little longer, but it really depends on the size of your tub and shower. The spray bottle comes in 32 fl oz (1 quart) (946 ml) with a nozzle that has on and off, no stream or spray. It sprays only. The actual Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine liquid is clear and you can see right through the bottle so you know when you start running low. It is like most spray bottles and has the ridges for your fingers to have a comfortable and firm hold on the bottle.

Helen Johnson/S.C. Johnson and Son, Inc. makes the Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine and if you have any questions or comments there is a number on the back of the bottle: 1-800-558-5252. You can call that number, like I did, and speak to a representative regarding this product or other ones. You may also request a Material Safety Data Sheet on any of the Helen Johnson/S.C. Johnson and Son, Inc., products. I also am getting a brochure from them about their animal testing. It is my understanding that they still test on animals but the representative said she couldn’t answer questions regarding this but would be more than happy to send me out a brochure on it. I gladly accepted and I do think that the representative, Michelle, was exceptionally nice and qualified to answer all of my questions.

The Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine is the answer to the prayers of people who are like me and don’t want to have to clean the shower on a weekly basis. I still give it a clean every 3-4 weeks, but in the meantime the Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine does its’ own work for me.

I highly recommend the Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine as I think it will do your shower justice and you will be as thankful as I am that this is on the market. Can you believe that it has been since 1998??? I could have been free of cleaning showers for 5 years! Dang! Oh well. Anyways, go out and get your spray bottle of Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Shine and Shine your Shower Away!

Until next time,