Both Looks and Power

Aug 19, 2003

Pros:Stylish Appearance, Heavy Duty, Easy to clean

Cons:Price

The Bottom Line: Overall, I have found this blender to meet all of my needs and I like its attractive and stylish appearance.

I have tried many blenders and this one is at the top of my list. It is attractive, heavy duty and powerful.

It has many nice features:

1. 2-Speed Motor with Toggle Switch: Although many blenders on the market now tout 18 speeds, who really uses that many speeds on a blender? I have found that 2 speeds is all I really need and I like the simplicity of it.

2. Cloverleaf Glass Carafe: The heavy duty pitcher with the cloverleaf shape easily sits securely in the base. The carafe is 40 oz. and has both English and metric graduations. The blades are nonremovable which makes washing and cleaning it quite simple. The instruction manual recommends washing it by hand, but I have put mine in the dishwasher many times without any problems.

3. Lid with Measuring Cup Insert: The lid fits easily on the carafe and the cloverleaf shape helps it stay on tightly. There is a smaller round insert in the lid that can be removed so you can pour in ingredients without removing the entire lid.

How does it work?

I have used this blender for many different things and have found it to be quite powerful. When I have crushed ice with it I have found that it works better when I use more ice. If I'm just crushing a handful of ice cubes it doesn't have enough force, but it works fine when you crush larger amounts of ice.

When crushing graham crackers, it will not do a great job of crushing the crackers if I put them in whole. If I break them into smaller pieces, it crushes them to a nice fine powder.

With liquids, this blender does a terrific job. I have not had any problem at all with it.

The instruction book that comes with it is pretty basic and includes information about safety and cleaning. It also has about fifteen recipes of things you can make with your blender.