Lime-A-Way Toilet Bowl Cleaner

ratings (4 Epinions reviews)

Lime-A-Way Toilet Bowl Cleaner!!

Sep 20, 2003

Pros:strong cleaning agent against green discoloration, safe on the environment, septic system safe

Cons:a tad expensive for some budgets, can cause eye irritation and burns to skin

The Bottom Line: Lime-A-Way Toilet Bowl Cleaner!! is highly recommended in households that get hard water stains, calcium, lime deposits. It is biodegradable and safe on septic systems. No animal testing!

One of the requirements of a position I held in a community group home for mentally ill adults was the weekly grocery shopping.

When I first took over this huge undertaking, I first inventoried the stockrooms, freezers, pantries and utility closets. Initially, I continued to purchase every item that had been in use by the house. Over time, I decided to purchase products that I felt might do better jobs on the household cleaning. This is when I experienced the phenomenal cleaning powers of Lime-A-Way Toilet Bowl Cleaner!!.

The home had four bathrooms. The water that was pumped into the home from a private well, had what is known as hard water. Hard water contains large amounts of calcium and other minerals that cause basins, tubs, toilet bowls and showers to turn a most hideous shade of green. Hence the word lime...for the color left from the hard water and for the calcium and lime mineral deposits.

What's In The Bottle

Lime-A-Way Toilet Bowl Cleaner has been specially formulated with strong lime fighting ingredients to safely remove those unattractive calcium deposits left in toilet bowls. The hard working powerful ingredients in Lime-A-Way Toilet Bowl Cleaner are biodegradable and organic. It is safe on the environment and safe on septic systems!

Lime-A-Way Toilet Bowl Cleaner also contains Sulfamic acid, the main ingredient that removes the minerals that build up and the scaling caused by lime. Compared to other toilet bowl cleaners like CLR this product costs a little less and works equally as efficient. I love the fact that the bottle comes with an easy grasp spray nozzle. The manufacturer certainly had the consumer in mind when designing the convenient bottle and while developing the contents!

Who is Reckitt Benckiser

Reckitt Benckiser is the international manufacturing company of Lime-A-Way Toilet Bowl Cleaner and a plethora of other outstanding household products. This company is based in the United Kingdom but has regional offices in many other countries, including the United States. As I researched this company, I was amazed to learn that they are also the manufacturer of such popular favorites like French's Mustard and Gaviscon! Who knew?!

Although this company was only established in 1999 through a merger, they have risen to the number one spot in household cleaners with the exception of laundry detergents. This fact also amazed me because of who their long established competitors are; Procter and Gamble and Dial Corporation, to name a couple.

I am impressed with this globally based manufacturer and I am impressed with Lime-A-Way Toilet Bowl Cleaner!! I am happy to know that this company does no animal testing when developing their new and improved products. For consumers like you and me, we can rest assured that Reckitt Benckiser manufactures its products with our safety in mind, as well as our environment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Main offices are located in the United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 1753 217800
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Safety Issues and Precautions
It is harmful, however, if the vapors are breathed in where there is no ventilation. An open window will solve this problem as well as not breathing in too deeply while cleaning the toilet bowl.

I wear Playtex kitchen gloves while using this superior product becaue it does contain acid that will cause burns if it gets onto my skin. My advice is that you do the same. Also, keep it from splashing into your eyes. They will burn severely. One time one of the clients who didn't want to clean that day, carelessly splashed Lime-A-Way Toilet Bowl Cleaner into her eyes and her arms. We did what is suggested. We wash the skin with warm soapy water and rinsed the eyes with clear cool water. Then took her to the hospital to be checked out. She was fine, by the way.

As with most cleaning products, Lime-A-Way Toilet Bowl Cleaner must be stored in a cool place and out of the way of children.

Final Thoughts and Recommendations

I would recommend this product to my friends and I have recommended it to other employees responsible for the weekly shopping in other community residences. I also get a big thank-you from my referrals once they begin using Lime-A-Way Toilet Bowl Cleaner!!

That's because the product really works and works quite effectively on removing lime and other nasty stains in the toilet bowls. A lot of scrubbing and elbow grease is not needed! We all agree that the spray bottle is convenient and that the smell is not overpowering nor does it put out fumes like other cleaners that perform the same cleaning action.

I highly recommend buying and using Lime-A-Way Toilet Bowl Cleaner!!