Greyhound Bus Lines Greyhound Bus Lines

Greyhound Bus Lines

ratings (21 Epinions reviews)

Delays, Cancellations

Oct 30, 2003
Not yet rated

Pros:Mom and Dad don't have to drive him back to school.

Cons:Very undependable.

I sent my college freshman son back to school last Sunday on the bus. This is normally a 2 hour drive --all Interstate. The company web site advertised a non stop bus leaving at 11:10 AM, however the ticket agent at the terminal had been told that Greyhound discontinued that bus. He offered us another bus at 11:50 AM which included a transfer. That bus would take an extra hour due to extra stops. We accepted that schedule and our son boarded the bus. That bus was 40 minutes late leaving the terminal due to a passenger who was arguing that his bicycle should not need extra fare. That resulted in the bus not making it to the transfer spot on time, and our son missing the next bus. He was told that another bus would be coming by in three hours, and that the bus station was closing in two hours so he'd have to spend the rest of the time waiting outside. This is completely unacceptable. He ended up calling a relative who lived nearby and she drove him (plus another stranded Greyhound passenger) for the last half hour of their journey. He hates Greyhound.