Paying for your online auction with Bidpay.com is so convenient and easy!
Nov 19, 2003 (Updated Nov 19, 2003)
Bidpay.com is a service that is helpful to both buyers and sellers either buying or selling in an online auction. You can use your credit card to purchase a money order to be sent to a seller for any online auction that you win.
I have used both the service as a buyer and also as a seller. I first signed up for the service in December 2001. Since then I have purchased 5 money orders to be sent for auction that I have won and I have been paid 55 times for an online auction through this service.
You can use a debit or credit card to pay for the auction. The cards accepted are: Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. Then Bidpay.com sends a Western Union money order to the seller. It is issued by Integrated Payment Systems, Inc.
A confirmation email is sent to both the buyer and the seller to notify both that the order has been put in. Then when the credit card is approved and the payment is processed both parties are then sent another email.
There is no fee for the seller. The money order fee is charged to the buyer. The fees are as follows:
Amount of Money Order: Fee:
$10.00 and under $1.95
$10.01 - $30.00 $2.95
$30.01 - $50.00 $3.95
$50.01 - $100.00 $4.95
$100.01 - $700.00 2.25% $4.95
First Class Shipping is included. Priority shipping is available for an additional $6 or you can get express shipping for an additional $15.
Info for the buyer using the site:
* You don't have to register. When you pay for the first auction your account is created.
* Simple to use. At your first visit look for "Click here to pay for an auction". It is in the top left corner. Then you put in the amount of the money order, shipping method, sellers address and auction number.
* You can always check the status of an order by going into "buyer login" on the left edge of the screen. You will need your email address and password to sign on.
* Multiple auctions can be paid for with one money order if it is going to the same seller. The maximum money order is $700 and that includes the seller's shipping costs.
* Payment processed and mailed out the next business day. It is delivered to the seller normally within 3-5 days.
* International customers can use this service. It can only be settled in US dollars though.
* Convenient; can pay for your auction in the comfort of your pajamas.
Info for the seller using the site:
* Easy to create an account.
* Payments arrive quick. When I get the final notice from Bidpay.com that the payment has went through I normally have it within a couple of days.
* Reliable company. When I get the final notice that the credit card is approved I send the item the next day. I don't wait for the money order to arrive because I have never had a problem. The company is dependable. I also know of many other sellers who go ahead and ship with they receive the approved status email.
* Auto Banner Insertion Tool can be used to automatically add the Bidpay.com logo to your Ebay auctions. There is also banner html included if you want to put the logo in your auctions.
What you can expect to find under Seller Login & Buyer Login:
~ Check the status of orders
~ Modify information
~ Manage Payment Option
~ Correct mistakes in your address
~ Track the status of the money order
~ Get your payment records
~ Get Promotional materials
~ Auto Banner Insertion Tool
~ Modify Information
~ See history & status (includes: amount, who money order is sent to, for what item, date, order # and status)
~ Place New Order
~ Get Help (answers questions or report a difficulty with site)
~ Contact Us
* Bidpay.com can ONLY be used to purchase a money order to pay for an online auction. The auction companies listed are: Amazon, CNet, Collection Nations, MSN Auctions, Meta Exchange, Pen Bid, Yahoo, Warehouse.com and other.
* $700 Maximum to be sent per seller
* Can pay for mulitple auction wins with one money order (same seller)
* Bidpay.com is not an escrow service. They are not mediators for any problem between the seller and buyer.
* No refunds given.
Safety Issues for the Buyer:
* Credit card information is not sent to the seller. The only information the seller receives is buyer's name, address, auction number and Bidpay order #.
P.O. Box 6244
Broomfield, CO 80021-0005
I have not had a bad experience dealing with Bidpay.com. I have done transactions with them since December 2001. All 59 of my transactions have been smooth, quick and easy. This is a very easy site to use. I think my 9 year old son could navigate through it without any problems. It is very simple.
From the standpoint of a buyer I don't use the service much. I primarily pay for my online auction wins using Paypal since there is no fee for me to send a payment through there. There have been 5 times though when I was really anxious to get an item and the seller didn't accept Paypal. For those times I didn't mind paying the fee and it was very convenient for me. I didn't want to have to worry about getting out and getting a money order and mailing it. (Lazy I know.) Recently Bidpay.com has went down on their fees so that has helped.
From the standpoint of a seller I love Bidpay.com. When I see the notice in my email box I know the money is as good as here. I am happy that international customers can use the service as well. I have had customers from all over the world pay me using Bidpay.com.
I always get my money order very quick usually within a couple of days. Using the site to check on my money orders is very easy to do. I just sign on to the seller login and everything is there for me. I love that this is a free service for sellers. That rocks!
Would I make any changes?
The only thing I would change about the site is I would add an option where the seller could send an invoice to the buyer. Paypal has this option and it makes it so helpful. So many times bidders don't understand how to access a site or they don't even want to try. Even though it is easy as can be they make it much harder than it is. If I could go in and send an invoice where all they would have to do is basically approve the transaction I think that would improve the site. Other than that I wouldn't make any changes.
MANY THANKS to Joubert for adding this to the database!
Join the http://www.epinions.com/content_3559104644 Pins
For Pauly W/O and help save a Leukemia victim's
life. Just in time for the holidays - give something
Give the gift of life.
Read all comments (7)