Panasonic NV-MD9000EN Mini DV Digital Camcorder

Panasonic NV-MD9000EN Mini DV Digital Camcorder

ratings (2 Epinions reviews)

Best field production camera i have ever handled at the price!

Nov 26, 2003

• Battery Life:
  • Movie Quality:

Pros:Sharper images, good backlight handling, bigger lens hood

Cons:Viewfinder adjustments not good

The Bottom Line: Panasonic to produce an equivalent in 3CCD

When i first made a decision to buy this camera, i considered two main factors: Shoulder mount and miniDV. Little did i consider other factors that define a good camera like CCDs, active pixels, TV lines, DV in/out capabilities...etc as long as it was within my reach-less than US$1500. An online search yielded Panasonic MD9000 as the only camera available for PAL!

Before i bought this camera i had extensively used two semi-professional cameras namely SONY VX-1E ( a Hi8 camera with 1/4" 3CCD) and SONY DSR-200P ( a DVCAM camera with 1/3" 3CCD). I have also used the old PANASONIC M9000 ( a S-VHS camera with single 1/3" CCD). Some production situations in the past have left me with questions about panasonic cameras in relation to others.

One such situation came when i was trying to do a difficult live chroma -keying production using VX-1E when our main studio camera developed a problem. It couldn't work. I tried DSR-200P and couldn't work effectively under all settings and adjustments !! My assistant at this point suggested we try the m9000 and being a single CCD i thought he was joking. It worked !!

When i bought this camera PANASONIC NV-MD9000 ( a miniDV with 1/4" single CCD) it was intended for the domestic and semi professional work. Believe me when i make recordings using it, nobody in the professional area notices that it has come from a single CCD camera!

In a recent situation, iwanted to capture an image of an object using a camcorder ( i didnt have a digital cam) by first recording on a DV tape then capturing to an editing system using Adobe Prem 6. I recorded the same image on the same tape using DSR-200P and MD9000 and the images captured under the same settings at 200% Zoom were different. The image from MD9000 looked slightly better-that was a surprise!!

During my online search for the camera, i saw glowing reviews for some PANASONIC camcorders and i thought they were biased. Please try it out and prove me wrong. No wonder the few shops stocking it are reporting "out of stock" most of the time.

ROGERS

Recommended for: Professional Videographers - Broadcast Quality Videos

Newegg.com

Canon VIXIA Mini DV Digital Camcorder - White (8455B005)

Canon VIXIA Mini DV Digital Camcorder - White (8455B005)

Find camcorders at Target.com! Canon vixia mini dv digital camcorder - white (8455b005)

Panasonic - SHAN-HMC80 Thermodyne Shipping Case for AG-HMC-80 Camcorder, Video Bags & Case

Panasonic SHAN-HMC80 Thermodyne Shipping Case for AG-HMC-80 Camcorder The Panasonic SHAN-HMC80 is a hard shell carrying case made by thermodyne to car...
Adorama

Panasonic Hdc-hs80k Hd Hdd Camcorder (black)

Panasonic Hdc-hs80k Hd Hdd Camcorder (black)

Panasonic HDC-HS80K HD HDD Camcorder (Black)Detailed item info:Expanded Product Features Compact body with intelligent 42x Zoom and HYBRID O. I. S.The...

FumFie

Newegg.com

PANASONIC /HX-A100D/ HX-A100 Digital Camcorder - BSI MOS - Full HD - Orange

PANASONIC /HX-A100D/ HX-A100 Digital Camcorder - BSI MOS - Full HD - Orange

HX-A100 Digital Camcorder - BSI MOS - Full HD - Orange MPN: HX-A100D Brand: PANASONIC
Panasonic - AG-HPX250 2.2MP P2 HD Handheld Camcorder, 22x Optical Zoom, 3.45 LCD Monitor,

Panasonic AG-HPX250 2.2MP P2 HD Handheld Camcorder, 22x Optical Zoom, 3.45 LCD Monitor, Dual P2 Card Slots, USB 2.0 The Panasonic AG-HPX250 P2 HD Hand...
Adorama

Panasonic V130: Full HD 38X Camcorder

Panasonic V130: Full HD 38X Camcorder

Add creativity and fun to your HD videos with built in Creative Control effects Panasonic?s powerful BSI sensor and Panasonic?s Crystal Engine Pro com...