Lysol Disinfectant Spray Crisp Linen Scent

ratings (13 Epinions reviews)

The clean smell of fresh laundry…Lysol Disinfectant Spray, Crisp Linen Scent

Jan 16, 2004 (Updated Jan 16, 2004)

Pros:smells good, long-lasting scent

Cons:expensive if not on sale

The Bottom Line: A clean scent to disinfect and wipe-away those awful household smells.

Growing up, my mother more than likely had a can of Glade spray and Lysol Disinfectant Spray in the house. Back then, Lysol didn’t have all the pretty scents they have out now, so my mom used the Lysol for disinfecting and the Glade for the scent factor.

I have come to like both of these sprays over the years; so do buy both of them now for my household. Lysol Disinfectant Spray, Crisp Linen Scent has come to be my favorite smell. You know how some people love the smell of freshly laundered clothes that have just come off of the line. That’s exactly what drew me to this particular spray.

Lysol claims that this disinfectant spray kills viruses, bacteria, mold and mildew, while eliminating odors.

Sanitizes: Kills 99.9% Staphylococcus aureus and Klebsiella pneumoniae on hard, nonporous surfaces in 30 seconds.

Disinfects: on environmental surfaces, Lysol brand II Disinfectant spray is tuberculocidal and kills the following bacteria, viruses and fungi: Staph and Strep, Salmonella, E. Coli, Campylobacter, Athlete’s Foot Fungus

~ Scents Available ~
Soft Powder
Spring Waterfall
Summer Breeze

~ Directions ~
The Lysol spray is easy to use. If spraying a surface, keep the spray 6-8” away from the intended surface and depress the small nozzle until you have a steady stream. When using and spraying a surface, you can let the spray settle for about 30 seconds and wipe dry. If deodorizing a room, spray the air around you, but be careful not to walk back into the stream and get the scent all over you.

Lysol should not cause any harm to most surfaces. Though they do not recommend you use this spray on or near wood surfaces, painted surfaces, leather, or any kind of rayon fabric.

~ Ingredients ~
Alkyl, Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Saccharinate, Ethanol

~*~ My Thoughts ~*~
I have come to depend on Lysol more often than not over the years. It’s always a brand that I turn to when looking for this sort of product, because I know that it works. Some brands of spray are used to deodorize, but more often than not, just disguise the smell and not actually get rid of the smell. Lysol gets rid of the smell.

Lysol has a variety of use’s. You can use it in empty garbage cans that have a lingering spoiled food smell, in restrooms where your household members leave unpleasant smells behind, in pet areas to get rid of lingering waste smells or just overall pet scents, in children’s diaper pails to get rid of lingering waste smells, in empty hampers to get rid of that funky dirty clothing smell, and even in those places that have been enclosed so long that they have developed a mildew smell.

At my workplace, we even use Lysol to spray on our clients mattresses and in there rooms. Some of the clients we have have problems with controlling their bladders at night and have accidents. Well, even after wiping down the mattresses and cleansing the sheets, there is always that lingering smell of urine. Spraying Lysol on the mattresses will kill any bacteria left behind, and usually freshens the room to get rid of the scent. We also use Lysol spray to cleanse our office phones after clients have used them. It works wonders!

I have purchased this Lysol spray in the 12-oz. can with the Crisp Linen Scent more often than any other scent. I have usually picked it up in my local Walgreens, Rite Aid, CVS , or online at Drugstore.com. You can also buy this spray in larger sizes (18 oz., 19 oz.) The regular price of the 12 oz. can is anywhere between $2.99-3.99, depending on where you purchase it. I can usually find it for $2.99 and almost always have a discount coupon. I have paid anywhere from $1.49- $1.99 for my cans of Lysol.

Lysol can be an irritant so do not spray anywhere near the eye area. As with most cleaning products, it is best to keep them out of children’s reach. And of course the can is made of steel, so it is completely recyclable. Please recycle!

Overall, I feel that Lysol Disinfectant Spray is the best disinfectant spray on the market. I can be a little expensive if not caught on sale, but it is definitely worth the price because of its capabilities.

Reckitt Benckiser Inc.,
Wayne, NJ. 07474
Made In USE

~ Happy Cleaning!

Kim

* Italicized sentences take straight from Lysol can.

Other Household Cleaning Products: