Scotch-Brite Dobie Cleaning Pad

5 consumer reviews
Average Product Rating: Excellent

Scotch-Brite Dobie Cleaning Pad - The Original is back

Jan 23, 2004

Pros:works in the bathroom, kitchen, carpeting, clothing, cars, and hands effectively

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: The Scotch-Brite Dobie Cleaning Pad is a great investment for cleaning as it can take on any challenging jobwith ease.

Over a month ago my fiance and I were at Target picking up some cleaning supplies when we came across the Scotch-Brite Dobie Cleaning Pads. I have never seen these before. My fiance however was quite aware of them and said he remembered them from a long time ago. He also said we should pick one box up for when we do our dishes by hand. I was excited to try a different product out so for $1.99 we picked a box of the Scotch-Brite Dobie Cleaning Pads.

~What does it look like?~

The Scotch-Brite Dobie Cleaning Pad is 4.3 inches by 2.6 inches and 0.5 inches. It is a yellow sponge wrapped with a different material. This material that I speak of "scours without scratching." There are three Dobie Cleaning Pads in the box at the cost of less than two dollars.

~How Does It Work?~

Well the Scotch-Brite Dobie Cleaning Pad cleans your surfaces in the kitchen including coated cookware, procelain, fruits and vegetables. In the Bathroom it is great for your tile and fixtures in shower. Throughout the Household you can use it on walls and spot cleans carpets. You can even use the Scotch-Brite Dobie Cleaning Pad to do touch ups on your clothing should you have a stain. As for your Automobile, Scotch-Brite claims that you can use the Dobie Cleaning Pad on chrome, remove bugs from the bumper, grills and windows.

~My Experience~

I love the Scotch-Brite Dobie Cleaning Pads. They are exceptional in cleaning pots and pans and dishes.

I used it on the tile in my bathroom and it got rid of the mildew marks in certain places as well as cleaning up the shower fixtures.

I have a suede jacket for the winter that had a ketchup stain on it from last year and the Scotch-Brite Dobie Cleaning Pad was able to get the stain out without scratching up my coat.

As for my car, I recently went to a self-cleaning car wash and was able to use the Dobie on the car's grill and bumpers from tar that was on the road.

When one of my cats vomited on my white carpet, I used the Dobie Cleaning Pad to try to get the stain out and it worked fine. I was quite pleased since it is so hard to maintain white carpeting.

My fiance uses the Dobie Cleaning Pad when he gets home from work and has the scent of meat (he works as a meat cutter) all over his hands. It takes away the grease easily and leaves your hands clean.

~Contact Information~

Questions or Comments? 1.800.846.8887

Website: www.scotchbrite.com

Write: 3M Home Care Division
Post Office Box 33068
St Paul, MN 55133

All in all I am impressed with the Scotch-Brite Dobie Cleaning Pads. They have worked in the kitchen, bathroom, clothing, Carpeting, Cars, and my fiance's hands. The Dobie Cleaning Pad doesn't scratch up any surface that I have used it on. I made chili the other night and burned the bottom of the pan and the Scotch-Brite Dobie Cleaning Pad worked like magic to get it all clean.

The only advice that Scotch-Brite says to wash the Dobie Cleaning Pad each time before use. Especially if you have it on items that Bleach was present. For any delicate surfaces, Scotch-Brite says to "test first on an inconspicuousarea with the pressure you desire." So be aware of that when using it on your countertops and other delicate areas.

The Scotch-Brite Dobie Cleaning Pad was brought back by 3M, which Scotch-Brite is a division of. 3M makes wonderful products and is a non-cruelty to animals according to the letter they sent me. I am all for buying products that weren't tested on animals.

I would have to say that the Dobie Cleaning Pad gets 5 stars from me. It works effectively, doesn't mess up the surfaces you choose to use it on and passed all the tests I put it to. So next time you are in the cleaning aisle at your local Target, take two dollars and spend it on a worthwhile investment, the Dobie Cleaning Pad.

Until next time,