Vanish Hang-Ins Toilet Bowl Cleaner All Types

ratings (1 Epinions review)

Future Stains Vanish

Mar 13, 2004

Pros:eliminate future stains

Cons:does not clean current stains, ingredients not listed,

The Bottom Line: For preventing stains, it's a plus. However, for eliminating current stains it's a negative.

I am one of those people that hates to clean period, let alone the bathroom. Upon cleaning the bathroom the last time, I noticed a stain that was I not able to get off using normal methods. In the grocery store, I noticed Vanish Hang-Ins, which are supposed to repel stains and help keep the toilet fresh and clean. Another claim is that it will last up to 4 months.

The product is a plastic white dispenser,which is attached to the inside of the toilet tank, and comes with 1 bleach tablet. Refillable tablets come in clear or blue. Personally I love the blue color

Instructions for use:

I found it interesting that instructions were posted on the packaging, on the bleach tablet package, and on the plastic dispenser.

Before attaching the dispenser, make sure to clean the toilet tank good especially the rim. Attach the dispenser on the back of the tank away from moving parts. Next, open the pouch with the tablet and push through the dispenser. DO NOT TOUCH THE TABLET DIRECTLY!!!. I did find it kind of hard to push the tablet through using the packaging on it, so as not to touch it. Extend the dispenser to full length. Hold it in place and let it fill with water. It should begin to work after several flushes

Words of caution:

Avoid eating it for dinner.
DO NOT touch Tablet directly.
Can Burn Skin and Eyes.
Do Not Drop Tablet into water directly.
Use only Vanish Refillables in this dispenser.

First Aid: If swallowed, DO NOT induce vomiting. Rinse mouth and drink glass of water. Contact Poison Control. If on Skin, then immediately rinse with water for at least 20 minutes.

Ingredients: There are none listed.

While the tablet did little to clean the stain already present, it has prevented future stains from developing. On other toilets in the house it has kept the toilets looking sparkling clean. If you're looking for a product with no mess, no fuss to PREVENT stains then Vanish Hang-Ins are for you. If you're looking for a product to eliminate stains that are already present, then this is NOT the product for you.