Retro Style And Powerful Performance

Mar 31, 2004 (Updated Apr 2, 2004)

Pros:Commercial grade construction and components. Self-cleaning blade assembly. Relatively quiet operation. Great retro looks.

Cons:None.

The Bottom Line: For anyone needing a very attractive looking high use blender with the best heavy glass carafe this professional model is well worth considering. Great performer.

The first time we saw the Retro Green Waring Pro PBB Blender we knew what a beautiful addition it would make to our refreshment center. Not only did we purchase this Waring Classic product, but followed it up purchasing what we felt was an ideal companion product the Retro Green Waring Pro Professional Drink Mixer. Together, they provide a beautifully warm aura of nostalgia to the environment.

This is the same blender many professionals use. It features Waring's trademark 40 oz. cloverleaf heavyweight glass carafe specifically designed to create a vortex affect whereby, producing faster more thorough blending. Other features include:
. Heavy die-cast base with non-marring rubber feet,
. Commercial grade 390 watt motor,
. Heavy-duty Hi / Lo / Off toggle switch,
. Self-cleaning blade assembly,
. Extra heavy-duty 6' grounded power cord,
. Carafe has ounce and cup measuring marks,
. Color coordinated carafe cover with clear plastic removable fill cap, and..
. Covered by 5-year Limited Motor Warranty and 1-year Limited Appliance Warranty

Color choices available are:
. Quiet White - PBB201,
. Chili Red - PBB204,
. Ebony - PBB209,
. Retro Green - PBB212.

This is a great unit for everyday kitchen blending use as well as being an outstanding choice for any type juice or cocktail bar. Easily performs any food and beverage blending tasks required. Powerful enough to handle any heavy-duty jobs like crushing ice and durable enough to endure constant daily hard use.

One of the selling points of this model is that it has a self-cleaning blade assembly. No more having the time consuming job of taking all the components apart to clean. Simply put a small amount of dish soap and some water in the carafe and run a couple of minutes and it's clean. Then just empty, rinse, and dry. The real plus is it has no washers to mess around with cleaning or replacing.

The operating manual is straight forward, easy to read, and has a nice recipe section covering quite a variety of blending suggestions.

This is a high use no nonsense professional type blender. It does not have all those cute little blending speed pushbuttons, but rather a functional and reliable toggle switch. It's robust construction and components reflect it's being designed for long term dependable use.

BTW. The first day we saw the Waring Pro Blender in the Retro Green color we decided to buy it. Just by chance overstock.com was selling it the same day deeply discounted for only $65.00 (thus the low amount paid listed).