Danby Pony Keg Cooler & Tap DKC445BL

Danby Pony Keg Cooler & Tap DKC445BL

ratings (4 Epinions reviews)

Danby DKC445BL Pony Size Kegerator

May 19, 2004
  • User Rating: OK

Pros:1)Looks nice 2) Kegerator - how cool is that 3) Cheesy VCR how-to tape

Cons:1)S#!t house materials 2)Pony keg - go for the full size 3) Beer tower drips.

The Bottom Line: 1) Go full size - you won't regret it. 2) Poor quality 3) Walmart is a joke

Ok - here is the skinny... I (let alone every buddy I know) was SOOO excited to buy this baby! I did my homework and negotiated with everyone (most helpful was Beverage Factory - cheapest was Walmart.com) and came up with a total shipped price of around $450 ... can't remember exactly, it could have been less.

Anyway - the Misses had a giant yard project for me - as in tear out the ENTIRE FRIGGIN YARD!! I bribed my buddies with an open tap and lunch on me ... had a good turn out. I picked up the keg and cooled it off the night before the big chore day so that we would be all set to go early in the morning. So as all the guys gather around we had the inaugural tapping ceremony and sure enough the damn keg will only poor foam .. non stop ... for two days. We did our best to make due - and a few wanna-be know it alls insisted the keg was bad. Low and behold the issue was the wrong tap set up (we had a keg of Fat Tire) ... but of course with that many guys determined to get beer ASAP it made the most sense to try and make the tap fight more tightly. SNAP - no joke - the friggin tap broke into pieces.

Long story short - this fridge is made of sh!tty material -buyers beware!! This took four hours to return at a Walmart store (after the .com folks assured me of a painless return).

I have another friend who has had a kegerator for three years now - the Haier HBF05EABB - and it has a much better quality. I have found it on Amazon.com for $599 w/ shipping ... I also get $25 back because they have a promotion going on kitchen items over $125.

Good luck gents - and CHEERS!!
Jimbob