3M ScotchBrite Never Rust Wool Soap Pads

ratings (1 Epinions review)

3M ScotchBrite Never Rust Wool Soap Pads

Jun 1, 2004

Pros:works great on the greasiest pans, baked on foods, won't harm non-stick surfaces

Cons:~

The Bottom Line: I absolutely recommend these super soap pads above many of the comparable brands. They work great and last a long time without tearing apart.

There is nothing I like doing more than scouring dirty pots and pans. Just kidding! Well, it is a job that takes diligence, motivation and the best scouring soap pads on the market. My vote goes to 3M ScotchBrite Never Rust Wool Soap Pads because they definitely make the chore easier.

There are so many reasons to skip over the boxes of average soap pads found stocked up on store shelves and run straight to the bright orange boxes of blue pads manufactured by 3M.

These soap pads are ideal for getting small greasy jobs done efficiently as well as the biggest, nastiest, greasiest sink full of pots. In fact, there is no job too big for Never Rust Wool Soap Pads. If the truth must be known, I am a former BRILLO gal. It used to be my soap pad of choice until my daughter brought home a box of ScotchBrite pads. She said that her customers swore by them. At the time, she was a check-out clerk at our local Ames department store.

So, I decided to put these babies to the test. Sunday morning breakfasts in my home are huge. From waffles and bacon to corn fritters and sausage, there are always greasy pans to clean up. Of course there is always a huge frying pan full of fluffy scrambled eggs. After breakfast no one in my family wants to wash the dishes or clean the pots. I do the entire mess of pots and pans alone.

~My Experience~
I generally wash dishes without the protecting benefit of rubber gloves. The initial observation I made is that these pads feel softer to the touch once wet, not rough on the fingers and hands like ordinary steel wool pads. Not bad, not bad at all. I always consider the harshness level of cleaning products on my hands.

On a scale of one to ten, one being very mild and ten being very harsh, 3M ScotchBrite Never Rust Wool Soap Pads fall about a level four. These soft soapy pads do not roughen up my skin at all. The soap in each pad is designed to lift and remove tough burned on foods as well as simple oily or buttery residue left in pans and on surfaces like the countertops. I find them gentle enough to clean off the counters and other kitchen surfaces.

I have experience with the heavy duty soap pads as well as with the delicate soap pads. Both pads perform well and have succeeded my expectations of what a soap pad is required to do. In fact, I am probably most delighted with the fact that one ScotchBrite Wool Soap Pad can last a really long time when compared to my former BRILLO pads at cleaning a number of pots before getting tossed. The steel wool pads with the clumpy pink soap would rust and practically melt away into nothing, leaving a nasty brown rust stain on the sink area. They never quite lasted as long as I would have hoped, either.

The delicate pads are a tad smaller than the heavy duty pads and are great for using on non-stick cookware without leaving unsightly scratches. I use the delicate pads for small jobs like removing cooking oil left in my husband's favorite Teflon coated pan. I use the heavy duty Never Rust pads for dirtier jobs like roasting pans and broilers with much success and not too much elbow grease.

Fianlly, the cost per pad is what makes this product even greater. One box will last twice as long as those ordinary soap pads because these don't rust, just wear out of grease fighting soap, eventually.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Contact Info:
www.3M.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Final Thoughts and Recommendations~
I highly recommend making the switch from your current soap pad to my family's current pad of choice, 3M ScotchBrite Never Rust Wool Soap Pads. You will definitely get more bang for the buck because of the superb cleaning power and durability in each pad.

These soap pads are fantastic at cleaning large dirty pots nd roasters as well as countertops and table tops. These babies just don't fall apart like ordinary steel wool pads and these pads are softer, gentler on delicate skin on the hands.

Scotch-Brite Scrub Sponge
3 Pk 3m Scotchbrite Blue Scrubbing Scrub Floor Bathroom Cleaning Brush 553

3 Pk 3m Scotchbrite Blue Scrubbing Scrub Floor Bathroom Cleaning Brush 553

3 Pk 3M Scotchbrite Blue Scrubbing Scrub Floor Bathroom Cleaning Brush 553 Scotch-Brite Scrubber Ideal for bathroom and floors. Switchable cleaning he...

3m Scotchbrite Heavy Duty Large Scrub Sponge Case Of 12

3m Scotchbrite Heavy Duty Large Scrub Sponge Case Of 12

3M ScotchBrite Heavy Duty Large Scrub Sponge Case of 12 Product Description 1 side cleans and scrubs, other side sponges dirt away. Cleans cookware, s...

6 Pk 3m Scotchbrite Blue Scrubbing Scrub Floor Bathroom Cleaning Brush 553

6 Pk 3m Scotchbrite Blue Scrubbing Scrub Floor Bathroom Cleaning Brush 553

6 Pk 3M Scotchbrite Blue Scrubbing Scrub Floor Bathroom Cleaning Brush 553 Scotch-Brite Scrubber Ideal for bathroom and floors. Switchable cleaning he...

3m Scotchbrite Delicate Sponge Scrub Pads Case Of 12

3m Scotchbrite Delicate Sponge Scrub Pads Case Of 12

3M ScotchBrite Delicate Sponge Scrub Pads Case of 12 Product Description Scotch-Brite, Delicate Duty, Scrub Sponge, The Delicate Duty Scrub Sponge Is ...

3m Scotchbrite Non-scratch Scrub Sponge Case Of 12

3m Scotchbrite Non-scratch Scrub Sponge Case Of 12

3M ScotchBrite Non-Scratch Scrub Sponge Case of 12 Product Description This all purpose scrubber is designed for tough kitchen cleaning without scratc...

Scotch-Brite Scrub Sponge