Craft Quick and Easy Teacher Gifts

May 8, 2001

Popular Products in Toys
The Bottom Line Last Minute Teacher Gifts to Craft

School is almost over (the end of May for Kentucky school children) and I wanted to share some ideas for last minute teacher gifts.

Personalize a Ruler
Stain a 6" ruler and paint on 'Mrs Smith Rules'. Drill 2 small holes in each upper corner to add a wire for hanging or simply leave plain. This also works as a Christmas Ornament. Embellish with anything else you'd like - a small wooden apple or small wooden books.

If you have access to a computer publishing program try making some personalized thank you cards. Last year I printed a set that had a blackboard on the front with Thank You from Mrs Smith written in "chalk". The inside was blank for her to write to all the children who had sent gifts. I made matching envelopes and tied it with a ribbon. To further embellish the gift a pen and stamps could be added for presentation in a gift basket.

Miniature Black Board Sign
Using a simple miniature black board embellish with white paint a sign for their door. Some suggestions are:
Music Teachers are an Octave Above the Rest
Mrs Smith's Class
2 teach is
2 touch a life
__
4 ever
After you've painted the sign either drill a hole at each upper corner for a wire to hang or attach a picture hanger to the back.

Gift Mug
Another suggestion is to fill a big coffee mug with the following and attach a pretty card with the explanation:
Mounds candy bar: For the mounds of information you taught me.
Crayon: To color your day like you colored mine.
Gum: Because you stuck by me.
Puzzle Piece: Because without you, my year wouldn't have been complete.
Hugs and Kisses: Because you made it all worthwhile.
Cup: For when yours is overflowing.
Coffee or Tea: Because you deserve a chance to sit back and relax.
And any other personalized memento that may seem appropriate.

Personalized Clay Pot
Paint the saucer and pot in a pale terra cotta color and the top band in bright yellow. Once this is dry use a Sharpie magic marker and draw lines around the band to resemble a ruler. On the bottom portion of the pot paint the teacher's name. The pot can either be used to repot a nursery plant, or fill with flower seeds or stickers.

Use a school picture as a package gift tie.
I know I always seem to have left over wallet size photos.

Personalized Book Tote
For a class project have each child dip their hand in acrylic paint on a paper plate and make hand prints on a book tote. The name can be added by you. This project can be adapted for a T-shirt, sweat shirt or apron. Allow time for the paint to dry before turning over. And make sure the children's clothes are protected from the paint. It is permanent.

Member: Fresca