Hewlett Packard HP Fax 920 Fax Machine

Hewlett Packard HP Fax 920 Fax Machine

ratings (6 Epinions reviews)

HP Fax 920~Lives up to the HP name!

Mar 24, 2001

• Print Quality:
  • Reliability:
  • Ease of Maintainence (toner/paper change):

Pros:Dependable, easy to use

Cons:Can't send multiple faxes without setting up a "group"

The Bottom Line: A high quality machine, works well. The only reason for 4 instead of 5 stars is the one feature this machine does not offer that others do.

Late last year I purchased 2 HP 920 fax machines for our office. This was after the untimely demise of our 2 month old Brother Fax Machine (never buy a Brother!). Unfortunately, I tossed the Brother out before writing a review, trust me, you don't want a Brother.

Easy Set-Up
The HP 920 fax machine is very simple to set up and use right away. If you have a dedicated phone line for your fax machine, set-up is as easy as plugging in the power cord and connecting your fax to your phone line. Press the Answer Mode button until it reads "Automatic", your fax is now ready to use!

If you do not have a dedicated phone line, you will still follow the directions above and plug your phone into the jack marked "Phone" on the back of the fax. You may choose to set your fax for "Automatic" or "Manual" Answer Mode.

Standard Features
The HP 920 fax comes with all the bells and whistles of a modern fax machine.

Fax Resolution & Contrast
Choose the resolution in which your faxes are sent. There are four choices, ranging from standard quality;fast transmission, to photo quality;slowest transmission.

Use the contrast button to make your fax lighter or darker than the original.

Reports
The HP 920 allows you to print reports manually, or set them up to print automatically. This is handy if you do not wish to receive a report for every fax sent or received on your machine, you can set the fax to print a report only when there is an error, or to never print automatic reports.

Speed Dial
You can set up Individual and Group Speed Dial Lists. Using the keypad allows you to enter the fax numbers and names of speed dial recipients with little difficulty. There are 10 One Touch speed dial buttons for your most frequently dialed numbers.

Speed Dial Lists allows you to create a list of up to 20 names and numbers to send a group fax to. To send a fax to a group, you simply push "Speed Dial" and the group number (you assign the group number during set up).

This is where the one con listed above comes in. As bad as our former fax machine was, it did have one feature I miss. That was the ability to send a fax to multiple people without putting them in a group. For example, if I needed to fax the same document to Bill, Joe and Bob, I simply put the document in, enter Bill's number, push the pause key, Joe's number, push the pause key, Bob's number. The document would then scan one time and fax to all three numbers one at a time.

With the HP 920, you cannot do this. If I want to fax to more than one person I either have to put them in a group (a lot of work for one fax), or fax each person individually. Each time one fax completes I have to get up, replace the document, then dial the next number. That may not sound like a big deal, but sometimes I need to fax to 10 or 15 people and to get up after each one and re-do it all is a little aggravating.

Copy
Self explanatory. Place your document on the machine and push the Copy button. I have never used this feature as I have access to a very large copier in my office. I think this would come in handy for a home office.

Overall
We have had our two HP 920's for about 7 months now and have had no problems with them. On a typical day we may send anywhere from 10-50 faxes and these machines have held up beautifully. The print cartridges seem to last longer than most, as I can only recall changing them 2 times in the last 7 months.

I would highly, highly recommend this machine for small and large offices.

Purchase Price (if leased, monthly payment): 249.99
Machine age (Months in use): 7

Hewlett Packard Officejet 4620 Wireless Color Photo Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax

Hewlett Packard M177FW Wireless Laserjet Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax

Small in size, big in value -Show your best work with vivid documents while keeping printing costs low. -Enhance your productivity and print vibrant...
BuyDig.com

Beach Camera.com

Hewlett Packard (HP) - CD645A#BGJ - LaserJet Enterprise 500 Color MFP M575f Laser Printer, Copy/Fax/Print/Scan

Accelerate processes and turn documents into dynamic digital files, using a desktop MFP that produces standout color. Versatile scanning, processing, ...
Hewlett Packard (HP) - E4W43A#B1H - HP Envy 7640 Inkjet Multifunction Printer - Color - Photo Print - Desktop -

Snap. Print. Enjoy--print photos from your smartphone or tablet in three easy steps and laser-quality documents from your connected-PC with wired and ...
Hewlett Packard Cf116abgj M525dn Lj Ent 500-p/c/s/f 42ppm

Hewlett Packard Cf116abgj M525dn Lj Ent 500-p/c/s/f 42ppm

Browse our Store | Ask a Question | Return Policy | Promotions | About Us Product Description Specification Payment Shipping Returns Hewlett Packard C...

Hewlett Packard Photosmart 6520 e-All-in-One Printer - Wireless

Experience premium photo printing with this e-All-in-One's 3.45-inch (8.7 cm) gesture-enabled touchscreen automatic photo paper tray with peek windo...
Beach Camera.com

BuyDig.com

Hewlett Packard (HP) - B9S76A#B1H - HP Officejet 5740 Inkjet Multifunction Printer - Color - Plain Paper Print - Desktop

Easily print documents and photos from all your mobile devices whether at home, work or on-the-go. Wired and wireless network connectivity and NFC tou...
Hewlett Packard M177fw Wireless Laserjet Color Printer With Scanner, Copier And

Hewlett Packard M177fw Wireless Laserjet Color Printer With Scanner, Copier And

HPLJM177FW About BeachCamera Our Awards Photography Digital Imaging Video Printers Computers Audio Television Home Garden Add beachcamera store to fav...