Lysol Disinfectant Spray All Scents

ratings (23 Epinions reviews)

~Lysol Disinfectant Spray~Green Apple Breeze~

Aug 20, 2004 (Updated Aug 20, 2004)

Pros:5***** for the product! Kills germs, keeps colds and flu away from my house.

Cons:This particular scent is unbearable to say the least.

The Bottom Line: I've never tried this on my Bottom Line and wouldn't recommend that you do either.

Germs! I hate germs! They're everywhere and they literally make us sick. Tiny little organisms that lurk around waiting to invade the body of the first unsuspecting person that comes along. Germs are so sneaky that we don't realize we've fallen victim to them until our bodies start to show evidence (symptoms) that an invasion has taken place.

~What Evil Lurks In Our Homes?~

Bacteria: Tiny, one-cell creatures that get nutrients from their environments in order to live. In some cases that environment is a human body. Bacteria can reproduce outside of the body or within the body as they cause infections. Some infections bacteria cause include sore throats (called strep throat), ear infections, cavities, and pneumonia.

Viruses: can't live outside of living cells. They need to be in or on a living thing like a plant, animal, or person in order to grow and reproduce. Whatever a virus lives in is called its host. When viruses get inside people's bodies, they can spread and make people sick. Viruses cause chicken pox, measles, flu, and many other diseases.

Fungi: are multi-cell, plant-like organisms. Unlike other plants, fungi cannot make their own food from soil, water, and air. Instead, fungi get their nutrition from plants, people, and animals. They love to live in damp, warm places, and most fungi are not dangerous. An example of something caused by fungi is athlete's foot.

Protozoa: are one-cell organisms that love moisture and often spread diseases through water. Some protozoa cause intestinal infections that lead to diarrhea, nausea, and stomach pain.

It's important to note that all bacteria are not bad. Some bacteria are good for our bodies and help keep things in balance. Good bacteria live in our intestines and help us use the nutrients in the food we eat and make waste from what's left over. We couldn't make the most of a healthy meal without these important germs! Bacteria are also vital in producing medications and vaccines.

Some of the above information on germs is courtesy of kidshealth.org

Aside from the good bacteria that's already in our bodies and that which is laying around in a lab somewhere waiting to become medication I'm always looking for ways to keep the evil germs in my home down to a minimum. The best product I've found to date to aid me in my ongoing killing spree is Lysol Disinfectant Spray I've found that when using this product that cold and flu seasons are less severe in my home and that the overall smell and feel is much cleaner. Those of you that use Lysol Disinfectant Spray are probably aware of the different scents that Lysol has been using to spruce this once medicinal smelling product up. The most recent I've tried and the feature of my review today is Lysol Disinfectant Spray Green Apple Breeze Scent It's still the same wonderful and effective product, but now with a twist of green apple to spice things up.

~What Does Lysol Have To Say?~

Don’t let coughs and colds get in the way of your springtime fun. The germ-killing power of LYSOL® Disinfectant Spray is your best ally to help reduce the spread of germs inside the home.

By killing 99.9% of germs in 30 seconds, LYSOL® Disinfectant Spray makes short work of the Rhinovirus, and other cold-causing germs, left on keyboards, telephones, doorknobs, and all commonly touched surfaces. Some experts agree that colds may be caught by touching contaminated surfaces. Together with proper hand washing, your fight against cold bugs should begin with LYSOL® Disinfectant Spray.

~What Germs Does Lysol Kill?~

On environmental surfaces Lysol kills the following Bacteria & Fungi: Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA), Streptococcus Pyogenes, Salmonella Choleraesuis, Escherichia Coli, Campylobacter Jejuni, Athlete's Foot Fungus. Viruses: Rhinovirus Type 39 (the leading cause of the common cold), Rotavirus WA (the leading cause of infectious Diarrhea in children), Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV-the leading cause of lower respiratory infection in children), Polio Virus Type 1, Adenovirus Type 2, Herpes Simplex Virus Types 1 and 2, Hepatitis A

~Where Can Lysol Be Used?~

In empty garbage cans, pet areas, sick rooms, under sinks, diaper pails, hampers, doorknobs, around toilet areas.

I also use mine on the telephone, the bathtub and shower, in shoes, the litter box, inside the washing machine, faucet handles, Grandma's commode and emesis basin on the vacuum brushes, the air conditioner vents, in my car and so on..... There really are a ton of uses for this stuff in the home. I'd also like to add that this product hasn't harmed any surface that I've used it on up to this point.

~Active Ingredients~

Alkyl (50% C14, 40% C12, 10% C16), Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Saccharinate 0.106%, Ethanol 79.646%

~Warnings~

This product can be hazardous to humans and animals and can be very flammable. I would recommend reading all the precautionary statements on the label before using this product.

To date, neither my animals or family members have suffered any ill effects while using this product.

~Packaging, Price & Availability~

I believe this product is available in 3 different size cans, a 12.0 oz., 18.0 oz. and a 19.0 oz. Professional size. I usually purchase the 18.0oz. size for between 3.50 and 4.00 depending on where I make my purchase. The Green Apple Breeze scent is dispensed in a bright green-apple color can with what appears to be an apple orchard depicted on the front of the can.

In my area Lysol products (this one included) can be purchased at most major discount and grocery stores.

~FYI~

Questions and comments regarding this or any of the Lysol brand products are welcome by calling 1-800-228-4722 or you can visit Lysol on the web @ www.lysol.com

To provide accurate information in this review some of the product detail was borrowed from the product label and www.lysol.com

~My Experience~

I'm a faithful Lysol Disinfectant user, but this scent just didn't go over well in my home. It's still the same great product, but the scent tends to leave behind somewhat of a sour odor that lingers for quite some time. When first sprayed it's great and definitely does smell like green apples. Unfortunately, though, this is very temporary and the aftermath was somewhat unbearable for the noses in my house.

The product itself is great just as it's always been and I never run out of places to use this. There is definitely a difference in the impact that the cold and flu season has on my home while using (virtually nonexistent) this product. Now that Grandma is living with me it's very important that I do everything I can to keep germs down to a minimum. At 89 years old something as minor as the common-cold can have devastating results and sometimes cause death. This once very frail and very sick old lady has not so much as had a sniffle since she came to live with me a year ago. Don't get me wrong, Grandma has had a few close calls since she's been in my care, but these have been as a direct result of ongoing health problems. As a constant cold and flu sufferer myself, I can honestly say that since I started using (almost 3 years now) this product I've had one cold.

I have a dog, a cat and several birds living in my home and this product hasn't cause any adverse effects for any of them. I do of course remove them from the room while spraying, but upon returning them I haven't noticed that this product is causing them any problems at all. It hasn't caused any adverse effects for the humans in my home, either. With the exception of this overbearing Green Apple scent, Lysol Disinfectant Spray will continue to be a mainstay in my home. Would I buy this Again? I will buy Lysol, but I'll definitely be keeping my distance from this particular scent. Would I recommend it? Sure I would! It's the same great product and my nose definitely doesn't know everything.

Thanx For Reading!