Comments on Waterproof Cast Cover: A Broken Arm (Or Leg) Doesn't Mean Your Summer Is Over!" (7 total)
  Comment Sorted by
Date Written
Where i got mine
by jme22
I bought my waterproof cast cover from a website called www.pimpmycast.co.uk This website gave me a huge range of choices of bandage covers and cast accessories. The waterproof cover that I bought, didnt leak at all and was very comfortable to wear.

Hope this helps

Jordan
Sep 7, 2011
8:30 am PDT

Thanks so much!
by mich0902
I was reviewing sites about these products when I came across your page. I was wondering if these covers could really work. Thanks a million, I will definitely try one of them now - my son is so miserable!

Michele

Sep 20, 2003
7:51 am PDT

Thankyou
by angelwings724
so much, Patti. I am going to check this out. I can't imagine going through this 6-8 wk period with my daughters broken arm, with trying to keep it dry in the bath, etc.
This sounds like a great idea!
~Jillian~
Sep 19, 2003
12:44 pm PDT

Re: Keep A Cast or Bandage Dry in the Shower or Bath -comfortably & affordably
by AliventiAsylum
Checked it out and it does look good if the only reason you want to keep the cast dry is for the shower or bath.

My daughter broke her arm during the summer, and we used the Xerosox to let her go swimming - a lot. The cast did not get wet one single time.

I also found that I didn't have to tighten it up as much as they said. Though her arm would get sweaty, she was able to swim for 1/2 hour to 45 minutes at a time in comfort.

The latex would definitely be a problem for anyone who is allergic.

I am just glad these products are out there now!

Patti
Nov 7, 2001
3:27 am PST

Re: Well
by AliventiAsylum
I know a lot of people who could've used this at one time or another - just hoping to help a few out here!
Jun 25, 2001
3:42 am PDT

Well
by paule23
I definatey could have done with this contraption a few years ago....
Jun 24, 2001