Tanzanite and Diamond Set

ratings (1 Epinions review)

TANZANITE HAS TURNED INTO MY RETIREMENT FUND

Mar 31, 2005

Pros:Tanzanite is gaining in value by leaps and bounds. Hang onto what you have!

Cons:Buying great Tanzanite is expensive. I could not afford to buy what I have, now.

The Bottom Line: IF YOU HAVE TANZANITE IN ANY FORM, HANG ONTO IT! THE MARKET IS ONLY GOING HIGHER, AS IT HAS BECOME NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND IN THE MINES OF TANZANIA.

Tanzanite is a beautiful purple/blue stone to a violet stone that comes only from one source. The source is Tanzania, and even that source is a mere five miles, all together! When Tanzanite was first introduced to the American public, either late 60's or early 70's, depending upon where you live, it was not considered anything really special. Luckily, I was able to get the best colored tanzanite, at that time, in a huge stone, surrounded by diamonds, set in heavy gold, from my nephew in law, the jeweler, who was born in Afghanistan, and does travel all over the world to get stones to set into gorgeous jewelry. The first ring I received, through barter, from my nephew in law ,is about ten cts of the best colored Tanzanite. Since that time, I have collected this stone. I have collected it as simply the stone, and set in gold, already, solitaire and with diamonds. I even have, my favorites, that are set with diamonds, gold, and black/blue opals. For me, this was a real boon! Since a Cartel has taken over the Tanzanite market, such as DeBeers has taken over the diamond market, I was able to gather many dollars worth of this, NOW, mined out jewel. The mines in Tanzania have literally run out of the best of Tanzanite, and there is only one mine that is putting out bits of light colored, less worth, stones.

I am thrilled to realize that I have accumulated a small fortune in this stone. I plan to hang onto it for as long as I can, and then, when I NEED the money, badly, I have sources, other jewelers, who have expressed wanting to buy my 'stash'! It has been said, among jewelers, that Tanzanite should be worth up to ten thousand dollars a carat by the end of this year! Of course, the larger the stone, the darker the color will be worth the most. Clusters of stones are never worth as much as solitaire stones, if you are planning to invest in this stone, at all.

It is nearly too late, at this time, to buy really good tanzanite for a price that most of us can afford. I know I could not even begin to buy the stones, alone, for what I paid for them in the 70's, all set in large gold rings, earrings, bracelets, pendants, all the jewelry I stashed, believing that it would, in fact, become very expensive. I am glad that I did have the sense to realize that such a beautiful purple/blue stone with flashes of red, found only in one country, and only in five miles of that country, would be worth going without a lot of things to acquire at the time I purchased and bartered for them.

Often, you will see less expensive stones, light violet, or even with NO color, color-less stones, being sold on television for what appears to be a real deal. It may be. After all, who knew Alexandrite would be such a difficult stone to acquire, when it was so plentiful?

I suppose the purpose of my writing, is to stress to you, that if you can afford Tanzanite with great color, do it! If you can afford Tanzanite in stone only, or set in jewelry, do it! The price of this has come so far from when I began collecting it, that, I am certain it will continue to rise in value.

Remember, buy it as dark colored, blue/purple with red torchier flashes, if you are able. Buy it in solitaire or large stones. These will be worth the most. Smaller stones of great AAA color will be worth a lot, as well. Watch for deals. Watch for people who are selling what they bought at a much cheaper price, and are now selling to make money on the stone, at this time. As for myself, I will wait until I feel it has hit its peak in worth to sell or to leave for my children. This IS the generation of the Tanzanite. Make the most of it!

Unique Platinum Sterling Silver Diamond Set Tanzanite Solitaire Drop Pendant

Unique Platinum Sterling Silver Diamond Set Tanzanite Solitaire Drop Pendant

oshratbokhour Store UNIQUE PLATINUM STERLING SILVER DIAMOND SET TANZANITE SOLITAIRE DROP PENDANT NWT Description THIS IS TRULY A MUST HAVE UNIQUE DESI...

Tanzanite and Diamond Engagement Ring with Wedding Band Set : 14K White Gold - 1.00 CT TGW, Size 5

Center is a prong-set round tanzanite and is accentuated by rows of smaller round diamonds along with matching band to make a complete set of ring. Th...
Tanzanite and Diamond Engagement Ring Set 14k White Gold (0.55ct)

Tanzanite and Diamond Engagement Ring Set 14k White Gold (0.55ct)

Let her know how much she mea to you with this superb semi-eternity Tanzanite gemstone bridal in 14k white gold.The engagement ring features a combine...
Allurez.com

14k White Gold 1.3 Ctw Tanzanite & Diamond Pendant

14k White Gold 1.3 Ctw Tanzanite & Diamond Pendant

SquareTrade AP6.0 Up for sale is a gorgeous Tanzanite and diamond pendant. It is set in 14k white gold and has one 1.27 carat pear shaped Tanzanite ...

3/8 CT. T.W. Tanzanite and 0.05 CT. T.W. Diamond Pave Set Heart Ring in 10k White Gold (GH I2-I3) (7)

Find fine jewelry rings at Target.com! 3/8 ct. T.w. Tanzanite and 0.05 ct. T.w. Diamond pave set heart ring in 10k white gold (gh i2-i3) (7)

Impressive Tanzanite/simulated Diamond Ring Sterling Silver Size 9.(watch Video)

STUNNING ROUND TANZANITE, PRINCESS CUT ROUND SIMULATED DIAMONDS..925 STERLING SILVER RING SET SIZE 9 BEAUTIFUL HAND SET .30ct LAB TREATED TANZANITE CE...

1/3 Carat T.G.W. Tanzanite and Diamond-Accent 10kt White Gold Three-Stone Bypass Ring

This elegant tanzanite and diamond three stone ring is a perfect gift for your loved one. Three dazzling round-cut tanzanites are prong-set at the cen...

Tanzanite and Diamond Engagement Ring with Wedding Band Set : 14K White Gold - 1.00 CT TGW, Size 14

Impressive Tanzanite/simulated Diamond Ring Sterling Silver Size 8.(watch Video)

STUNNING ROUND TANZANITE, PRINCESS CUT ROUND SIMULATED DIAMONDS..925 STERLING SILVER RING SET SIZE 8 BEAUTIFUL HAND SET .30ct LAB TREATED TANZANITE CO...

Tanzanite Diamond and Opal Ring 14k Two-Tone Gold (1.10ct)

Tanzanite Diamond and Opal Ring 14k Two-Tone Gold (1.10ct)

This stylish multi stone cushion cut ring showcases a genuine Australian opal stone and round 2 tanzanite gemstones each set in 14 karat yellow gold.T...
Allurez.com