Ultra Concentrated Dawn with Bleach Alternative Dish Liquid

ratings (5 Epinions reviews)

~Dawn with Bleach Alternative~Not What You Might Expect~

Apr 7, 2005

Pros:Does a good job of cleaning:)

Cons:Does not disinfect!

The Bottom Line: There are cheaper products that work as well or better. Visit the website before purchasing.

No one can ever come into my home and say it isn't clean. In fact, my family has accused me of being obsessive when it comes to cleanliness. Maybe they're right, but personally I think it's just a matter of liking things clean, neat and tidy. I do have to admit that I'm a fanatic when it comes to germs, though. No home is germ-free, but I do try and stay on top of it as much as I can. One of the things I'm a real nut about is my dishes. I don't have a dishwasher at the moment, so adding bleach to my dish water has become part of my routine. It's not pleasant, mind you, but it assures me that my dishes are as clean as they can be. Knowing that my dishes are sanitary and clean is a real plus as far as I'm concerned, but bleach can be he!! on the nose, skin and clothes. That said, I'm sure you can imagine my excitement when Dawn introduced Ultra Concentrated Dawn with Bleach Alternative Dish Washing Liquid. I've always liked Dawn dishwashing liquid and this new bleach alternative was just the ticket, or so I thought. Scroll down the page with me and I'll give you all the dirt on this new dishwashing liquid from Dawn.

~A Few Words From Dawn~

New Dawn with Bleach Alternative is the first and only bleach alternative dishwashing liquid on the market. You can use Dawn with Bleach Alternative to power away unseen food residue on all your family's dishes—and Dawn with Bleach Alternative rinses away safely. New Dawn with Bleach Alternative is gentle on your hands and comes in two fresh scents—Mountain Spring and Fresh Rapids.

~Product Presentation, Packaging & Price~

Dawn with Bleach Alternative is available in two different scents..Mountain Spring and Fresh Rapids. I took a sniff of both of them at the store and decided that Fresh Rapids was the scent for me. Fresh Rapids is a very mild, clean smelling scent. Not floral or citrus, but very clean and fresh. The liquid is clear in color and about as thick in consistency as a good maple syrup. Because this is Ultra Concentrated very little is needed to produce a sink full of very nice bubbles.

This product is dispensed in your basic dish soap type of plastic container. A 25 FL. OZ. bottle cost me about 2.49. Not a bad deal considering how little is needed to wash a sink full of dishes.

~Some Need To Know Info~

~This product does not contain bleach~
~This product will not damage clothing~
~This product does not disinfect~
~Do not use in dishwasher~
~Do not add bleach~
~Mild on skin~
~Contains no phosphate~
~Made in the USA~

~FYI~

Questions and comments regarding this or any of Dawn's products are welcome by calling 1-800-725-3296 or you can visit Dawn on the web @www.dawn-dish.com.

This product was made in USA and is distributed by Procter & Gamble.

To provide the most accurate detail possible, some of the information is this review was borrowed from the product label.

~My Experience~

Well, I guess I should cut right to the chase and say that my excitement about this product was short lived. Don't get me wrong, it does a great job of cleaning the dishes, but it doesn't disinfect. I paid the extra money for this because I saw the word bleach. In my opinion there is no better disinfectant than bleach so I was compelled to snatch a bottle of this up. I thought I would get the same results as I do when adding bleach to my dish water without the nasty smell and the number it does on my hands. Granted, Dawn with Bleach Alternative is very mild on the skin and the smell is great, but it's just not what I was hoping for.

The fact that this product does not disinfect is not stated on the label. I found this out by chance when I decided to visit Dawn's website after I had already made my purchase. It is worth mentioning again, however, that this product does do a great job of cleaning as well as cutting through the worst of grease messes. Will I buy this again? Probably not. Due to the fact that it is higher priced, doesn't disinfect and that I can't add my own bleach while using this I'm sure this was a one time purchase for me. Would I recommend this? Well, I wouldn't not recommend this, but I think there are cheaper products out there that work just as well or better.

Thanx For Reading!