Fun to use at first, but I never use it anymore.

Apr 27, 2005

Pros:Effective, great for spring cleaning or when moving.

Cons:Not practical, hard to see where you steam, inevitably destined for the closet.

The Bottom Line: Got this as a wedding gift. I'd pass on it if I had the chance to decide again.

One of those little gimmicky things that you end up putting away because it's just easier to wipe or scrub it with a paper towel.

The steamer works well, but not like the infomercials. You literally have to melt off those old stains on floors, etc. It can be effective, but you can also spend a lot of time steaming.

The first thing that I didn't like about the steamer was the fact that on TV, it looks so easy. It's not that easy to use because when you shoot a spot to clean, steam gets everywhere. You can't even see where you cleaning half the time.

The second thing is that it's not one of those things that you can just plug in and use. You have to wait for the water to heat, which takes about 5 minutes. For me, on most applications, I could be done with it in five minutes. This unit stays in the closet unless I'm going to spend long periods of time cleaning.

It is a great product for cleaning the tub, the sink, and tiles. And I do admit, it's fun - just not for practical everyday stuff. Probably for spring cleaning and when we move out or into a new place. Until then, it's stays in the closet.