Fantastik Antibacterial All Purpose Heavy Duty Cleaner

ratings (8 Epinions reviews)

Fantastik does a fantastic job of cleaning the whole house

Apr 29, 2005 (Updated Apr 29, 2005)

Pros:Disinfects in just 10 seconds, pleasant smell

Cons:Harmful to humans and animals

The Bottom Line: Truly and all-purpose spray which can quickly disinfect surfaces.

After trying other antibacterial kitchen product in the kitchen that didn’t work well I was on my search for something better. I found a coupon for $1 off of Fantastik and immediately read the back of the bottle to be sure that I wouldn’t be tricked again. 10 seconds is all the time that was required for the antibacterial to work so I thought I would try it.

Fantastik has been around awhile but I have never used it so had no idea what the product smelled like. It has a very powerful pretty scent to it when sprayed. It doesn’t really smell like chemicals so I don’t mind spraying it on my kitchen counters and table however it’s not a smell that I would want in my fridge or microwave. The smell continues to linger for a little while so you can enjoy the sense of clean after you’re done.

My son is really interested in cleaning products because it makes a tough job easier. He was impressed with how easy the table was for me to clean with this product. Dried on food came up without soaking. He loved the smell of the cleaner and mentioned that it was better than our usual cleaner. He was previously able to use our all-purpose cleaner however this one is much more harmful so he’s not able to use it himself. The product is clearly labeled as hazardous to humans and animals. Washing hands and keeping away from the eyes is strongly recommended.

The bottle is similar to any other cleaning product. It’s in a plastic bottle with a spray nozzle. There are many different fragrances to choose from such as lemon or orange but the one I chose was the regular antibacterial with the green label and the orange spray nozzle. The nozzle can be turned on or off for safety. The cleaner comes out in a wide thin mist when sprayed without effort. Some products clog up after a few squirts but this one continues to flow nicely.

To use spray and wait 10 seconds for the antibacterial agent to disinfect and then wipe off. Rinsing is not required unless it’s on a surface that you will be eating off of. The product claims to kill E. Coli, Salmonella, Staph, Strep, and Listeria which counts for 99.9% of household germs.

Fantastik claims to work well on grease so I gave it a try on my stove. It removed the splatters on the counter and the hood of the stove without effort. Most products that I have used required two applications but this one worked with the first application.

This cleaner is great because it can be used effectively on so many items all over the house. The bottle recommends it to be used on the following: countertops, stainless steel, tubs, bikes, garbage cans, exteriors of appliances, sinks, cabinets, glazed ceramic tile, fiberglass, hubcaps, floors, chrome, porcelain surfaces, and showers.

My one concern is that it doesn’t say what not to use the product on. I have avoided things such as wood, painted surfaces, walls, and marble since it’s not listed as a use on the bottle.

The bottle says the product can inhibit mold and mildew by applying and let stand for 3 minutes. We tried this theory and it seems to be working great. We use this spray in the bottom of our indoor trash cans to prevent growth of germs and mold and we’ve seen a reduction of both smell and growth since we started using it.

We love using on the bathroom toilets and countertops because this is qualified to kill the germs in the bathroom and doesn’t leave a strong chemical smell. Scrubbing and reapplication has not been necessary. Since it’s so easy to use I am able to use it on a regular basis between cleaning days.

Overall
I really like this product and will continue to buy it because the wait time for the disinfectant is much shorter than other products and many products that seem like they would disinfect simply don’t.

The smell is strong but is a pleasant one that doesn’t bite the eyes or bother the nose. On top of all the other benefits it is inexpensive. The area feels clean after the product has been used and doesn’t leave a film. I’d definitely recommend giving it a try, it’s a great value.

General Information
Website: www.fantastik.com
Phone: 800-558-5252
Company Info: S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.; Racine, WI 53403
Active Ingredients: n-Alkyl dimenthyl benzyl ammonium chlorides .11%;
n-alkyl dimethyl ethylbenzyl ammonium chlorides .11%
The product contains no beach or phosphates and safe for septic.
Price: Around $3

5 stars to pogomom for adding this so quickly to the database!