Evercare Fabric Shaver

ratings (9 Epinions reviews)

EVERCARE FABRIC SHAVER~~I Hate Fuzz Balls

Apr 30, 2005 (Updated Sep 20, 2005)

Pros:easy to use, works well on the fuzz balls

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: If you have fuzz balls on your clothing, furniture, etc, the Evercare Fabric Shaver is the solution.

Do you have fabrics or upholstery that consistently get the fuzz balls? You know, those little pieces of material that turn into little balls on top of sweaters, blankets, etc? If you answered yes to this question, the Evercare Fabric Shaver is the solution.

I found this great little gadget a few years ago. It certainly has saved many of our outfits and furniture.

The shaver is small and made of hard plastic. The handle has a rubber grip that allows you to grip it easily without dropping it. It has a heavy duty motor that will allow the actual cutters inside to spin around and remove the pilling easier. Some shavers that I have seen are really slow and will not remove the tough or large fuzz balls.

The shaver takes 2AA batteries which last a pretty long while, unless you are using it every day.

The "head" of the shaver is a pretty smooth metal with holes in it. The cutters are inside, safe away from your fingers.

To use it, you simply turn it on. Run it over the fabric that needs de-fuzzing. The fuzz balls get pulled into the little holes and the cutters cut them off. The fuzz balls then are sent to a waste bin inside the shaver. The waste bin is easily removed for emptying.

It is very lightweight, so it will not be a problem for those with arthritis or carpal tunnel, like myself. I don't have a problem with using it.

Its nice that you can take the shaver anywhere you want. Its really compact so you can travel with it. You can also take it to the fabrics, furniture, etc. A few years ago, I had a couch and love seat that needed the shaver on a regular basis. The fabric created the fuzz balls really bad. I could take the shaver to the couch and let it do its' job, then empty it. It's amazing how much you can remove from a couch.

I have also had drapes that I "shaved" as well. It truly has endless uses. I have used it on blankets, sheets, bedspreads, towels, as well as furniture and clothing.

It never harms the fabric you are "shaving". The cutters are only in contact with the actual pilling (fuzz balls).

The shaver quickly removes unsightly pilling from sweaters, shirt collars, wool, flannel jackets and any knit fabrics. It restores clothing and fabrics to a like-new appearance.

The shaver comes with a little cleaning brush for maintenance. You can actually remove the "head" of the shaver and use the brush near the cutters. This will remove any fuzz balls that have become trapped. I usually clean it out after every use, otherwise, the build-up will prevent the shaver from performing at its' best. I recommend removing the batteries before cleaning.

You can find the Evercare Fabric Shaver at many places. I actually bought mine at Walmart for about $4.99 a few years ago. It has never let me down and still works like it did when I first bought it.

Thanks for reading.

Evercare Giant Fabric Shaver Heavy Duty Fuzz Remover Battery 2aa Operated

Evercare Giant Fabric Shaver Heavy Duty Fuzz Remover Battery 2aa Operated

evercare gentle care GIANT FABRIC SHAVER Removes Unsightly Pilling and Fuzz Balls From ANY Knit Fabric 100% BRAND NEW This Evercare Giant Fabric Shave...

Evercare Laundry Delicates Mesh Bag 1 Pack

Evercare Laundry Delicates Mesh Bag 1 Pack

Evercare Laundry Delicates Mesh Bag 1 Pack Features Offers superior protection for lingerie, blouses, sweaters, and other fine washables Fine weave of...

Evercare One Piece Ironing Board Cover And Pad [g30]

Evercare One Piece Ironing Board Cover And Pad [g30]

New Evercare One Piece Ironing Board Cover and Pad Fits all standard 54 Ironing Boards Pattern is Subtle Floral Beige Design.Titanium Stain and Scorch...

Evercare Giant Lint Roller, 60 Extra Large Sheets, Refill 1 Ea

Evercare Giant Lint Roller, 60 Extra Large Sheets, Refill 1 Ea

America's #1 Selling Lint Roller Refill fits the Evercare Giant Lint Roller handle (sold separately)40% More Adhesive Surface!*Total 36.2 Ft x 4.6 in ...

Evercare Laundry Bra Bag With Optimesh Technology - Two Compartments

Evercare Laundry Bra Bag With Optimesh Technology - Two Compartments

Brand New Evercare Laundry Bra Bag with Optimesh Technology provides superior protection of fine washables.Dimensions;6 x 4.5Two Compartments prevent ...

Evercare Extra Sticky Lint Roller Refill, 60 Sheets 1 Ea

Evercare Extra Sticky Lint Roller Refill, 60 Sheets 1 Ea

America's #1 Selling Lint Roller 50% Stickier New Dry Cleaner Grade Tape Total 30.1 Ft x 4 in (9.2 m x 10 cm)Easy Strip Removal!Zip Strip Technology *...