Scotch-Brite Easy Erasing Pad

ratings (7 Epinions reviews)

Scotch-Brite Easy Erasing Pad or Mr. Clean Magic Duo?

May 18, 2005 (Updated May 18, 2005)

Pros:The blue top doesn't feel wet, bigger then Mr. Clean Eraser Duo.

Cons:Like any other product you have to buy it again.

The Bottom Line: I like this product better then the other leading eraser pad. I have put this on my regular shopping list. It is cheaper.

While shopping for cleaning products I encountered a display for Scotch-Brite Easy Erasing Pad, I decided I wanted to try the product.

Scotch-Brite Easy Erasing Pad

The box I bought was cheaper then the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Duo and is bigger then the Eraser Duo. The size of this product is 5”x3”x 1/2”. Two easy erasing pads come in a box.

Description

The pads are a rectangle shape and the eraser is on the bottom and is white. The top of the pad is blue and made out of urethane material.

My Experience

This pad is supposed to take away crayon marks, scuffs, etc. I have used it on just about everything in the house. One of my favorite uses; My Crock Pot is used just about every day and had developed a brown hard to remove burnt on smudges around the bottom of the ceramic inset. I was washing it and couldn’t get it off with any of the cleaners I used and then I tried the Easy Erasing Pad. I was surprised when the stain came off with no trouble it looked just like new. I was pleased with the results. Soap Scum on my tub came off with a little bit of arm power and the erasing pad. I had pen marks on my fan where my grandson had decided to make marks and I used the eraser pad, it came off with no problem. Smudges on my linoleum come off with no elbow grease needed.

I haven’t tried this on my walls but I would imagine the results are the same. I don’t know what ingredients are in the eraser side

One difference I have noticed between the Mr. Clean Eraser and the Scotch-Brite Easy Erasing Pad is that the blue layer on top doesn’t stay as damp as the Mr. Clean did. The pad is easier to hold and the blue side doesn’t feel wet.

All you have to do to use the Scotch-Brite Easy Erasing Pad is dampen with water and squeeze out. It seemed to last longer then the Mr. Clean Pad. The eraser rubs off with use just like the other Mr. Clean product.

I store the Easy Eraser Pad in the little white open basket I keep on the counter next to my sink. It is easy to grab and use if I need it and then it dries readily.

Okay now for the big question, will I buy the Scotch-Brite Easy Erasing Pad again or the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Duo? The answer is a no brainer, Scotch-Brite Easy Erasing Pad it’s bigger and does the same job as Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Duo. Cheaper then the other and lasts longer.

Thanks for reading.