Mop and Glo

ratings (7 Epinions reviews)
Epinions Product Rating: OK

Mop & Glo Floor Cleaner is an efficient product for cleaning tile and no-wax floors

Jul 4, 2005

Pros:No rinsing required, easy to mix and use, doesn't leave residue on floors

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: No one said cleaning floors is a fun chore, but it can be made easier and more efficient with Mop & Glo Floor Cleaner.

Of all the housekeeping chores I am responsible for, the one I perform the most (besides taking out the trash) is mopping the kitchen floor. Our kitchen's tiles are white, and any stray scuff mark, small spill, or occasional shoeprint stands out like the proverbial sore thumb. When I was younger and therefore less inclined to care, my mom would have to cajole me into mopping the floor; now I'm usually the one who, upon sighting a bit of crud on the floor, will head willy-nilly to the utility room and grab the mop to clean the floor.

Most of the time, all I need to do is use a moist mop to clean the floor with, but at least once a week I like to really make sure the tiles are not only dirt-free but sparkling clean. For this, a mere wet mop isn't sufficient -- I need a good floor cleaner that (a) can tackle dirt, grease, and scuff marks, (b) leaves no residue, (c) doesn't smell too bad, and (d) requires no rinsing.

Fortunately, L&F Products of Montvale, New Jersey manufactures Mop & Glo Floor Cleaner, a concentrated liquid solution that, when mixed with water, can be used to clean no-wax and ceramic tile floors.

From the Mop & Glo Floor Cleaner product label:

* Cleans dirt, grease, and scuff marks from no-wax and ceramic tile floors

* No rinsing required

* Leaves a fresh clean scent

* Leaves no dull, sticky residue

* Will not build up

* Safe for ceramic tile grout

Using Mop & Glo Floor Cleaner:

Using Mop & Glo Floor Cleaner is relatively easy, even for those of us who don't really like mopping floors. For normal floor cleaning jobs, you simply dilute about two ounces (1/4 cup) of Mop & Glo Floor Cleaner to one gallon of warm water (about half a bucket) and mop away. For tougher cleaning jobs, all you have to do is double the amount of cleaner into that one gallon of warm water. If there is a really stubborn trouble spot that looks as though only a nuclear weapon will eradicate it, apply some Mop & Glo on a sponge or onto the floor and wipe with a clean, damp cloth.

We've been using Mop & Glo Floor Cleaner for several years now, and both my mom and I are satisfied with how well it copes with dirt on ceramic tiles. It dissolves dirt and grease fairly quickly, it leaves a clean and shiny floor with no trace of itself save a faint and clean scent that's not overpowering, and best of all, requires no rinsing.