Vindigo

Vindigo

ratings (11 Epinions reviews)

Vindigo: the easy, free, travel resource for the Palm OS

Apr 23, 2001

Pros:Easily downloadable, lots of travel information, and FREE!

Cons:Only a few cities available so far

The Bottom Line: Vindigo is a free, downloadable, travel resource that will help you find shopping, dining, and entertainment in up to 20 cities. It will even give directions!

I learned something new from a patient the other day. I frequently spend my patient visits giving them information, but this gentleman turned the tables. It's not often I get to learn something from a patient, but it is always refreshing when I do! A patient told me about Vindigo and I went home and downloaded it on my Handspring Visor.

Vindigo is a feee program offered online for the PalmOS. It gives information on dining, shopping, nightlife, and directions for 20 different cities. They report that they will be adding more in the future.

Atlanta
San Francisco
Seattle
Twin Cities
Washington DC

Once downloaded and hot-synced to your PDA, you can add as many cities as you would like. From there, once within a city, you can locate where you are currently located by intersection. (If you have a GPS adapter, you can do this instantly, but I don't have this ability.)

After placing your location, you can search for restaurants, shopping, movie theaters, other nightlife. Vindigo lists these by cost, rating (by the Vindigo users), and type of food. You can choose a type of food, like "Italian" and it will list all the Italian restaurants in the area. You can then look by cost, rating, or location. You can tell it that you want places within 1/2, 1, 2 miles, or any distance.

This is the rally cool part: once you choose a place, and tell it where you currently are, Vindigo will give you directions on how to get there! Wow!

The other really cool parts: it is free and it
automatically updates every time you hot-sync!

In summary, Vindigo offers ratings of establishments, directions on how to get there, and is a wealth of knowledge for anyone visiting a city for the first (or even the fiftieth!) time.

Check it out at www.vindigo.com

I know this was a step away from my medical epinions, but hopefully it will help someone who is planning a trip.

I have listed all of my medical epinions on my profile page for easy access. If you are looking for a specific topic, please look there!

In the hopes of bringing together good writers and topics, I have started a webring of people who enjoy writing medical epinions. Hopefully, this will help others find medical epinions when they are looking for specific authors or topics. See my profile page for details, then click on the "ring hub" link. Thanks!

Thank you for reading and good luck in your travels.