48 Hour Cyclone Diet-Lose 10 Pounds In 2 Days, What You Need To Know

Aug 3, 2001 (Updated Sep 11, 2001)

Popular Products in Nutrition
The Bottom Line Quick-Fix diets aren't going to give you the body you want in 48-hours, they're generally good for cleaning your digestive track so you may facilitate a healthier diet.

The Invisible Man Experiment...
These 48 hour diets always seem to catch my eye as I peruse the supplement aisles at the store. They always have those beautiful people on the box with rock hard abdominal muscles and big smiles. One day I decided that was going to be me with the six-pack and smile. If it didn’t work, I’d go back to the store and get a six-pack of Corona. That definitely would put a smile on my face. You see, its not that I am “fat”. I’m actually have a muscular body-type. As far as the guy on the box with the six-pack is concerned, I could smack the big smile right off his face. I decided to give this diet a try more because it had claims of “cleansing” the body. I had been looking for something that would clean my innards and I’m just not brave enough for one of those Cholonic thingys. Nope, no garden hoses gushing me out! I chose this particular product for one major reason. I planned on fasting for the two day period but this diet allowed for a limited diet if so desired. This was important since I haven’t went two complete days without food since I was a younger man with less cares about my body.

The Cyclone 48 hour Plan
Their making some hefty claims that seemed to good to be true. How can someone drop 10 pounds in 48 hours unless they had a serious case of the poops. Well, since I had two days to play Guinea pig, I figured I’d hang around the commode for awhile. Novartis Nutrition says this stuff is all an all natural botanical and fruit juice extract. That it cleanses and detoxifies the body and that the thermogenic herbs will keep you from fainting if you decide to fast your way through it. I purchased my “Box-o-Lovin” at Walgreens pharmacy for $19.99. You can also check this product out at www.CycloneDiet.com.

Physical, & Mental Statistics - Before
Start Time: 10:20 am - Day 1
Height - 5’9”
Weight - 206
Body Type - People Say I Remind Them of A Fire Hydrant
Hair Length - Bald as a Baby’s Bottom
Hunger Level - Not Hungry
Mental Disposition (Attitude) - Calm

The Mix - The directions on this “diet/cleansing” program are pretty straight forward. Mix one 21g packet in 10oz of water 3 times daily and guzzle. Oh, they also recommend you swallow eight-8oz glasses of H-20 (water)throughout the day. I guess so you don’t get all bound up inside. They even throw in a nifty little battery operated mixer to stir up your juices. No, its not cucumber-shaped and doesn’t pulsate!

The Taste - I have tasted probably 2 or 3 million powdered supplements and every single one tasted like mule-dung so my expectations were low as I mixed up my first batch of cyclone juice. To my pleasant surprise it tasted pretty good. The drink had a Fruit Punch flavor and it even dissolved within a couple of minutes so I didn’t have to eat any red chunks of powder!

The Diet - If you choose, you can eat a limited amount of food while taking this supplement. Cyclone even throws in a example diet for the day. Remember, this is only 48 hours so don’t think your going to be eating bird food for the next 6 months. The list of food they allow you to eat is as follows:
* fresh or steam vegetables
* caffeine free beverages
* diluted fruit juice
* low sodium, clear broth or broth with barley or vegetables
* brown rice, steamed in broth
* whole cereal with skim milk
* beans & legumes
* sugar free jello
* salt free (no butter) popcorn
* sugar free, low fat yogurt
* no alcohol or fried foods
* whole wheat past with fresh tomatoes

The Exercise - The Cyclone Diet Gurus recommend that you do at least mild exercise to get your blood flowing. This was fine with me since I already have been on a cardio-kick after recently quitting smoking:

Day 1
Ran two miles
Bicycle 5 miles
Abdominal routine

Day 2
Light total body dumbell routine
Bicycle 14 miles
Abdominal routine

The Side Effects - The effects on my body were relatively mild. I had originally planned on fasting through the process but changed my mind after my first few trips to the bathroom. As my stomach emptied the hunger pangs arrived. So I ran over to the supermarket and purchased some whole wheat pasta, tomatoes, cilantro, and a bottle of V8. I consumed two plates like it was my final supper, then immediately rushed back to the bathroom. Because of the amount of water I was consuming, all my disposal trips were pretty much liquid. Warning - Be prepared to use the restroom every hour. This is not something you want to try at work, unless you can take that many restroom breaks during the day.

The Results - Well, I didn’t lose ten pounds but I did clean my system out. I am satisfied with the results. Now I can go back to my regular vitamins and supplements knowing that I am a little “cleaner” inside.

Physical, & Mental Statistics - After
End Time: 10:20 am - start of Day 3
Height - 5’9”
Weight - 202 (4 pounds less)
Hunger Level - Hell at first, easier today
Mental Disposition (Attitude) - a little edgy from being hungry

In Closing
On a scale of 1-10, I give this plan a 7. Not for it’s weight loss claims, but for it’s cleansing qualities and decent taste. Anyone who has ever exercised or taken a supplement has read the statement about consulting your doctor first. If you have blood sugar problems or a high metabolism, I would at least ask your family Veterinarian before starting. Also, I chose to stop taking all other forms of vitamins and supplements during my 48 hours. I didn’t want any interference or extreme side effects. For example, I have recently been taking Chitoson, a supplement designed to trap the fat in your food and pass it through your digestive system. My instincts told me it wouldn’t have mixed well with the Cyclone.

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 21g (1 packet)
Servings Per Container: One Serving

Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin) - 6mcg
Biotin - 300mcg
Pantothenic Acid (as D-calcium pantothenate) 10 mg

The Herbal Cleanse Blend - 500mg
Senna Leaf, senna leaf extract, apple fruit, cassia powder, St. John’s bread, tamarind extract, buchu leaf, cornsilk stylus, juniper berry, uva ursi leaf, date fruit, fig fruit.

Fiber Blend - 8.5g
Inulin, gum acacia, Benefiber (partially hydrated guar gum), oat fiber, psyllium husk fiber, soy fiber, apple pectin, beet fiber, citrus pectin, vegetable cellulose.

Thermogenic Blend - 1,000mg
Guarana seed extract (100 mg caffeine), green tea leaf extract, peppermint leaf, cinnamon bark, lemon verbena herb (aerial parts), chamomile flower, ginger root, Chinese licorice root, tangerine peel, chicory root, American ginseng root extract (5% ginsenosides).

Fruit Juice Blend - 100mg
Pineapple, apple, orange, blueberry, grape, grapefruit, plum, raspberry, strawberry, watermelon, lemon, lime, cantaloupe, cherry, papaya, peach, pear.

Other Ingredients The Kitchen Sink
Fruit & cane crystals, citric acid, natural flavors, malic acid, beet juice powder, silica.

Location: Chicago, Illinois