Highly recommended!

Aug 22, 2005

Pros:Simple to clean Variable speeds Long cord Bulletproof KitchenAid quality

Cons:Can be noisy at higher speeds

The Bottom Line: Easy to use, easy to clean, inexpensive, reliable. Buy it.

We found this little gadget while searching for bargains on http://cheap.typepad.com/. I have never been much of fan of blenders, for the same reason as not being a fan of food processors -- lots of cleanup for only a couple seconds work.

This blender changed all that. It cleans up in literally 15 seconds. In most cases I run it under hot water, wipe it down and that's it. Haven't had to put it in the dishwasher yet. Like every KitchenAid, it is built like a tank.

I used to hand-whip pudding, but this blender makes it light years easier. One container of light cream, a box of Jello Sugar Free pudding mix, and two minutes with the KHB100 -- you will not believe it came from a box.

The variable speed is a huge plus, since you can start slow and adjust the speed up as you need to. With pudding, you have to start slow, but after a minute when it begins to really thicken, increasing the speed lets you get a nice airy whipped consistency that is amazing.

Will try mashed potatoes next, based on the first review.

The KHB100 can make a bit of a racket at higher speeds, but seriously, what blender doesn't?

Seems KitchenAid has jumped on the eBay bandwagon; you can find some amazing online deals here: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZkitchenaid

Just buy one. You will not be disappointed.