Blue Mountain Arts Blue Mountain Arts

Blue Mountain Arts

ratings (1 Epinions review)

Blue Mountain Arts Cards -- Greetings from the Heart

Apr 25, 2001

Pros:Heartfelt verse lets your friends know how you feel

Cons:Only come in pastel colors

The Bottom Line: These are not ordinary cards. Blue Mountain Arts cards are works of art that speak from the heart.

If you really want to find a special card at Hallmark, I suggest trying the Blue Mountain Arts section.

These cards are distinctive. They are the work of one writer and one illustrator, Susan Polis Schutz and her husband. You may know the name from the website that bears it (bluemountainarts.com), but these folks have been around long before the web rose to prominence.

The cards that they make are all slightly smaller in length and wider in width than traditional greeting cards. They are printed on heavy vellum-like paper, and all the cards have the ragged edges on the right hand side with a color that matches the type. All the cards are printed with original pastel watercolor art. All of the Blue Mountain cards come in pink, yellow, purple or blue envelopes -- I've never seen any other colors.

These cards are not for ordinary occasions. They're made for emotional greetings of love and friendship. The verses that are contained in these cards, when read, speak directly from the heart. I've gotten several of these cards through the years and have always felt that the person who handed me the card was speaking directly to me. Very stirring stuff. I still have many of them hidden away at home.

The cards might be a bit more expensive than other cards, with many in the $3-4.00 range, but I think that they're worth it. You can only find them at Hallmark stores or directly from the bluemountain or hallmark websites.

It's often said, "it's the thought that counts". Blue Mountain Arts cards prove it.