Mop and Glo

ratings (7 Epinions reviews)
Epinions Product Rating: OK

Stop & Go Get Mop 'N Glo

Dec 4, 2005 (Updated Dec 7, 2005)

Pros:Nice scent, easy to use, basically cleans the floor

Cons:I hate the discoloration that occurs over time, and don't want to hassle with it.

The Bottom Line: Mop N Glo is a nice, easy product to use when mopping your floor, if you don't mind the build-up/discoloration over time.

For the last year or so I've had a cleaning service every other week. No, I am not a spoiled little princess. How could you say that? I decided to have someone else do the heavy cleaning in my house due to serious back problems. My orthopaedic surgeon said I should not do heavy cleaning scrubbing, etc. And, if one must be honest, I was secretly thrilled when he said that. I don't mind dusting, doing dishes, glass cleaning (of course I don't do windows; puhleese!) etc. but lugging my heavy vacuum around, doing floors, well I'd rather have someone else do it. Unfortunately it got to be too expensive, and my back is better than it was, due to losing a little weight, building up strength in the pool through aquajogging, walking everyday, and I guess some luck.

Well, without the cleaning people here and bringing their own cleaning products, I needed to purchase my own. I saw Mop N Glo in the drugstore, and remembered I had used it off and on for years. To be honest, I couldn't remember what I liked or disliked about it. I purchased the large size container (32 ounces) with the pull up top. I reread the instructions as it had obviously been a while. The scent is pleasant and light, and the product pours out easily. You don't have to dilute it in water, so it is very easy to use. They do suggest that you should use a floor cleaner first if your floor is very dirty. My floor was average other than a spot where a couple of dogs (names omitted to protect the innocent) tracked in some mud, but that was just inside the door to the backyard. I quickly cleaned there with my much loved Sun & Earth Cleaner, and then went back to the Mop N Glo.

First some information about the product as I'm sure I've piqued your interest:

* What type of floor can it be used on?

You can use it on regular or no-wax floors. Don't use it on wood, cork or unsealed ceramic surfaces.

* If the Mop N Glo builds up over time (it will, trust me) they suggest you use Lysol and ammonia (exact details are on the container) to alleviate the problem.

How to use:

First of all, do not shake the bottle. No, I don't care how much you want to-DON'T!

The manufacturers state you should of course sweep or vacuum the floor before applying the product.

Squish out just a little bit of the Mop N Glo onto the floor.

Of course moisten your mop, and they instruct you to evenly spread the stuff over a 3' by 4' area of the floor.

Next, rinse the mop into a bucket.

Warning:

Keep out of the reach of kids

My experience:

Okay, so I have been using this product about once a week for the last month or so. I like the ease of just spilling out a small amount in a few different places in my little kitchen, and even smaller bathroom. The scent is wonderful, and I love the smell both in the kitchen and bathroom. It makes my house smell newly cleaned, and that makes me feel good. It does clean the floor; it does make it shiny! The only thing I don't like is the build-up and I quickly remembered that that is why I stopped using the product.

Summing up:

If you are like me and have to do your own cleaning (you don't have a maid, parent who loves to clean your house for you, kids who beg you to clean the house, might I add, house-husband?) you may want to consider purchasing Mop N Glo for a nicely scented, easy-to-use product to help you with your mopping responsibilities. I am stuck between giving it 3 or 4 stars, so will compromise with 3 1/2 stars. I like everything about it except the discoloration/build-up (yes, I know I keep bringing it up, &*%^ *&!) and don't want to have to use other products to remove the build-up! Too much work! Suzi Homemaker I'm not! Maybe there is a little bit of the princess in me. Sniff.

Thanks for reading!