My George Foreman started an electrical fire!!!!!!

Feb 13, 2006

Pros:The plates are removable and dishwasher safe. The temperature can be varied.

Cons:Hmm, let me think.... It caught on FIRE!??!?!?!?!

The Bottom Line: Well, I don't know if its a fluke or what... but I wouldn't recommend it.

My husband got me the new George Foreman for Christmas. I had a huge Foreman before that we used all the time, so he got me one with the removable plates. I've used it a couple times with no problems, but tonight I was cooking chicken on it. I had butterflied the chicken, so it was pretty thin. It was almost done, I was about 30 seconds from going and checking on the chicken, since it was probably done. I heard this clicking, so I got up and went over and took the chicken out, thinking the clicking was just the heat in the chicken making it "pop". When I opened the Foreman though, I could tell the clicking was behind the top plate. I closed the lid, with no chicken in there, ran out to the garage to grab my husband. By the time we got back into the kitchen, the Foreman was smoking out the back and the kitchen stunk really bad. I unplugged it and moved it by the window, but by then the kitchen and dining room were filled with smoke and STENCH... The top of the grill (the part with the label and timer) bubbled up about 3/4 to 1 inch above the normal top.

I am now writing a letter to George Foreman to see what is going to be done about it all!!!