AIR WICK Scented Oil Warmers and Refills

ratings (19 Epinions reviews)
Epinions Product Rating: OK

Air Wick Scented Oil Warmers and Refills ~ Keep Your House Smelling Nice and Clean

Feb 28, 2006

Pros:inexpensive compared to the competition, effective in large and small areas

Cons:some scents are not pleasing

The Bottom Line: Air Wick Scented Oil Warmers and Refills are cost effective but also do not come in a variety of scents that I like.

I think that most people would agree that when you own or rent your own home, you always want it to smell clean. For me, when I walk into my apartment, I don't want to smell my pets, garbage that needs to be thrown out, and old cigarette smoke in the carpet. It is important for me, being a clean freak, that my home have a pleasant scent especially if you might have someone pop in. My mother is one that loves to do the pop in and so I try to maintain a nice looking apartment without any funky smells.

About three or four years ago, I was living on a tight budget. I still am but I have loosened up a little bit when it comes to keeping my house in order. I noticed at Target that Glade Candles and air fresheners were considerably more expensive than Air Wick. There also seemed to have quite a few sales either at Target or the Supermarket on Air Wick and not enough on other products like Glade.

The packaging was different back then for Air Wick Scented Oil Warmers and Refills. When you purchased them they came together in one package. There were refills available of course but you did have to buy a complete set. The only reason that I wasn't exactly excited about this was you also were forced to take a scent that you may or may not have liked.

However as times change, so did Air Wick Scented Oil Warmers and Refills. Now you buy the Scented Oil Warmer separately from the actual Scented Oil Refill. You have a choice of buying one or a package of two for the warmer itself. Then you are free to pick out which ever scent you would like to fill those warmers. I really like this change a lot better. I have also noticed that they are a tad bit cheaper as well.

I do most of my shopping when it comes to air fresheners and candles or even sprays at Target. I seem to find the best prices there. The Air Wick Scented Oil Warmers and Refills are less than a dollar for the empty warmer and about two to three dollars ($2.00 - $3.00) for the oil itself. Together you are spending on the average about four dollars ($4.00) which I believe is fair.

~The Scented Oil Warmer~

Air Wick Scented Oil Warmers are made of plastic. They are very light in weight before you put the oil refill in for use. The front of the warmer has "Air Wick" imbedded in it as their logo. On the very top of the warmer is a hole about 3/4 of a centimeter large in diameter. At the top of the hole are five small bumps. The bumps get larger as they go from left to right signifying the strength in oil that you would want to choose from. The dial itself is wrapped around the hole on the top and is easy to move back and forth.

After the Air Wick Scented Oil Warmer is plugged into an outlet the hole at the top is where the scent comes out. The back of the warmer has the plug at the bottom of it. It is just two-pronged for regular outlets. Once you add a Air Wick Scented Oil Refill the warmer is considerably heavier. If your outlet is not tight on your warmer plug, it may dip down and not work effectively. I have had this experience with poor plug outlets in my home and had to move the Air Wick Scented Oil Warmer and Refill to a better spot.

The Air Wick Scented Oil Warmer is three and half inches tall. The base is two inches in width. The top where it is a bit sleeker in design contours to just an inch and half.

There is one "Caution" listed on the back of the Air Wick Scented Oil Warmer which states "Eye Irritant; Flush Eyes with Water."

~The Scented Oil Refill~

The Air Wick Scented Oil Refill has 0.71 fluid ounces inside. The oil is held in a glass case. I have never experienced any leakage with refills with Air Wick designs. The refill comes with a plastic cap on top of it that you screw off. You then place it inside the warmer. Simple as that.

The instructions show clear small pictures on the back of the package on how to use the refill correctly. It does warn you about not to put the Air Wick Scented Oil Warmer and Refill upside down or sideways in a plug outlet. It needs to remain vertical at all times. The instructions are virtually the same whether you are reading the "Warmer Instructions" or the "Refill Instructions."

The glass case looks like half of a very small bottle with a screw top. It is screwed into the Air Wick Scented Oil Warmer very easily. The refill itself reminds me of a cheap perfume bottle. The refills are easy to remove and replace. I always wash my hands after so that I don't get the fluid in my eyes or skin.

Other Cautions would include digestion (call a physician or the Poison Control Center) and as mentioned above your eyes getting irritated (flush eyes with water for 15 minutes). There is a risk of electrical shock and is only intended for adult use. If you have small children, I would suggest plugging in the Air Wick Scented Oil Warmer and Refill in a higher outlet that they cannot reach. You should not at any time plug anything above the warmer although I don't think that would be possible due to its' size.

Current Available Oil Scents:

Revitalization™ Eucalyptus & Citrus™
Harmonization™ Amber & Wild Rose™
Inspiration™ Lotus Flower & Blue Orchid™

~Air Wick Promise~

AIR WICK® Scented Oil Warmer adds a warm and consistent long-lasting fragrance. Advanced design allows you to adjust the fragrance to the level you desire and its sophisticated look compliments your home décor...When AIR WICK Scented Oil Warmer runs out of oil, simply replace with any AIR WICK scented oil refill. Also available is Scented Oil Warmer Nite Light.

~Contact Information~

Telephone: 1-800-228-4722
Website: www.airwick.com
Distributed by: Reckitt Benckiser
Made in Mexico

~Overall Thoughts and Recommendations~

Although there is a variety of scents, I don't always find all of them available when I am shopping at Target or the Grocery Store. You can shop online for them through their website. However, there are scents that I do not find pleasant such as the Eucalyptus and Citrus. It is strong even when the dial is at the lowest point and over whelming for me. I haven't tried the Mood Enhancer Fragrances so I can't comment on them.

I do believe that they offer enough of a variety that you would be able to find one that suits your home. I use the Air Wick Scented Oil Warmer and Refill throughout my home. I have one in my entry way, my home office, the second bedroom, my own master bedroom, and both of my bathrooms. I mix the scents throughout my house and usually leave them on low to middle setting. I have found that when you use the highest setting, it can be quite strong. It will also use up the oil quicker.

It states on the Air Wick Scented Oil Refill packaging that each one should last sixty (60) days. I have to disagree with that though. I seem to go through them once every 30-45 days, usually a month on average. The nice part about this system is that once you buy the Air Wick Scented Warmer you never have to worry about replacing them. You only spend your money on the actual refill.

Overall I am pleased with the Air Wick Scented Oil Warmer and Refill System. I think the price is fair and competitive with other products such as Glade Plug Ins. It is effective throughout my apartment which is about 1100-1200 square feet. It is nice to arrive home and smell a clean, fresh scent when I walk in the doorway. If I have been cooking and go out to do errands, I don't come home to a left over smell of the dish I made. It helps to not use up my fan electricity over my oven/range.

I recommend the Air Wick Scented Oil Warmer and Refill for your home. It does what you ask for and doesn't expect anything in return. You may just have to dust the top of it once in a while.

Thanks for Reading!