Comments on What You Should Know About Hot Tub Temperature Control" (5 total)
  Comment Sorted by
Date Written
Context: cite not site
by bugmenot1
The 2nd paragraph says "They site that high water temperatures..." --- it's "cite" not "site" in this context, thanks.
Mar 17, 2012
9:40 pm PDT

Re: Corrected information
by shoehorny
Thanks for picking up the typo! I corrected it within the document.
Oct 13, 2008
1:54 pm PDT

Cartilage
by wilbur101
In your research, have you found any discussion about hot water temperature and cartilage?
Jan 18, 2007
7:32 pm PST

technical correction
by inuvikgirl
Readers of this article should beware that the author does not have a firm grasp of the subject matter and did not confirm his sources.

For Example
“To get really technical about increased body temperature dangers prolonged immersion in hot water that is warmer than normal body temperature can lead to Hypothermia.”

This statement is incorrect – HyPERthermia is a state of elevated body temperature, HyPOthermia is a decrease in core body temperature. I would have let this mistake go if it was just written in one place (I may have excused it as a typo), but the repeated use of the word hypothermia instead of hyperthermia gives me the foreboding sense that there are other huge technical difficulties with this paper.
Sep 16, 2006
4:38 am PDT

Wrong information
by medgirl321
Are you aware that HYPOthermia is a lower than normal body temperature, and if can cause plenty of problems, however over heating is definately not one of them. Hypothermia occurs when the body is exposed to extremely low temperatures for extended periods of time and can turn into frostbite due to the severe constriction of blood vessels, whereas HYPERthermia is overheating and causes problems due to excessive heat exposure and dilating blood vessels.
Sep 3, 2006