Nice Portable Grill From Char Broil That is Priced Right

Apr 21, 2006 (Updated Jun 25, 2007)

Pros:Portable, heats up fast, very easy-to-use, and very low priced

Cons:I had a part that rusted out me

The Bottom Line: This grill comes in very handy for many occasions and is very easy to use. Not bad for the price.

I was looking for a small portable gas grill to use for camping, tailgating, or just the day at the beach, and I found what seemed to be the perfect model from Char-Broil. It is fairly inexpensive and can be found for around $25-$30. I paid $24.99 for the one I purchased.

This is a smaller sized portable Char-Broil Grill that has 190 square inches of cooking surface, which means that it is capable of holding four good sized burgers, or about eight hot dogs or bratwursts. The cooking surface also cleans up pretty easy with a wire brush, which is what I've used to clean it up.

This Char-Broil 465133003 Grill is a gas grill that requires you to purchase disposable propane bottles, which can be found pretty much anywhere for around $4 a piece. Seeing that this is a gas grill, it really heats up quite fast. It takes less than five minutes to reach the proper temperature for cooking. This comes in quite handy, as I don't have to wait for charcoal to heat up, which could take about a half-hour. The temperature or flame height is easily adjusted by turning the regulator that attaches to the propane tank.

The lid on this grill has a plastic handle that stays cool to the touch when the grill is an operation. The lid is also designed in such a way that you can hang it on the grill rather than having to set its on the ground/grass and getting it all dirty. It can also help block the wind when cooking with the lid off.

This grill is fairly easy to light, just poke a lit match through one of the holes in the bottom and turn on the gas. It might take two or three tries though, if it is very windy outside.

One thing that I thought was pretty handy about this grill is that you can fold the legs up over the top of the lid, which makes it easy to carry by the top handle. It weighs only about 5 lbs. so it is very easy to carry.

Another thing I like about this grill is seeing that it is a gas grill, it cools down very quickly when you are done using it. This comes in handy if you are using it for tailgating and would like to put it back in the trunk of your car before you go in to watch the game. This is also nice as you don't have to worry about what to do with hot charcoal. It seems to be cool to the touch in about five minutes after using it.

The one thing that I didn't like about this grill is the thin metal plate that sits over the burner to help evenly distribute the heat rusted out on me after about a year and a half of use. Char-Broil does sell replacement parts if you need them, but I ended up just throwing my grill out. I figured I had gotten plenty of use for the $25 that I spent.

Cooking on this Char-Broil Gas Grill was very easy to do. Burgers will cook pretty fast and will be done in only about eight minutes. I tend to cook on this Char- Broil Grill using a lower heat setting to prevent from burning my food, and usually had a pretty good results.

Overall, I think that this grill works pretty good for the price.

See my review on the Uniflame portable grill