Pine-Sol All Purpose Cleaner And Disinfectant

ratings (17 Epinions reviews)

this pine-sol-ely let me down

May 4, 2006 (Updated May 4, 2006)

Pros:cheap, easy to find

Cons:disgusting fragrance

The Bottom Line: This is an antiquated product with an unpleasant scent. Skip it if you are looking for a credible cleaner.

When I first bought my house, I wasn't exactly sure what brand of floor-cleaner I should buy. Having no real clue, I bought a big old bottle of Pine-Sol to clean my kitchen and bathroom floors. Everyone has used it and the commercials looked pretty convincing. I figured it would be a great product for my home.

Product Description
From the website: Since 1929, Original Pine-Sol brand cleaner has been cleaning America's toughest stains, grease, and grime. Every time you use the disinfecting power of Original Pine-Sol brand cleaner in your home, you'll smells its distinctively crisp and clean pine scent that lets you know you're getting the real clean.

"Trust The Original" The active ingredient in Original Pine-Sol Brand Cleaner is real pine oil. It's the pine oil that gives this product its amazing cleaning power. You'll discover that it cleans, deodorizes, and disinfects wherever you clean in your home. It's not just about the smell. It's about the clean!

Packaging
Pine-Sol is sold in a 28 fluid ounce clear plastic bottle. The label covers only a portion of the bottle so you can easily see how much product is left in the package.

Directions For Use
From website: Use Original Pine-Sol® Brand Cleaner to clean, disinfect and deodorize hard, nonporous household surfaces. Not recommended for wood floors.
Kitchen
Floors, counters, sinks and stoves
Bathroom
Shower, tubs, tile and floors
Toilet Bowls
Toilet bowls, rims and exteriors
Tough Jobs
Garbage cans, pet areas and diaper pails

Cost and Availability
I paid about $3.00 for a 28 ounce bottle of cleaner. I bought my Pine-Sol from Target but you can find it in grocery stores, drug stores, discount stores--it's not hard to find. You can also buy it online if you can't locate it in your area.

Ingredients
Active Ingredients: Pine Oil 15.0%

Inactive Ingredients: Inert Ingredients* 85.0% (*incl detergents & other cleaning agents)

Directions For Use
From the bottle: General Cleaning and Floors:
Use 1/4 cup per gallon of water. No rinsing required except on rubber or asphalt tile. For no-wax floors, only use diluted and rinse.

General Disinfecting:
Apply Original Pine-Sol® Brand Cleaner with a sponge or cloth full-strength. Wet surfaces, let stand 5 minutes, then remove excess. For highly soiled areas, clean excess dirt first.

Toilet Bowls:
Pour 2 1/2 oz. in a bowl and brush thoroughly, including under the rim.

Laundry:
Rub in full-strength on grease spots or heavily soiled areas before washing. For extra cleaning and deodorizing power, add 1/2 cup to load. Use only on white or colorfast fabrics.

Scent
Pine-Sol has an extremely strong pine scent. After using almost the entire bottle, I still can't stomach the smell. It has a very artificial pine fragrance that is strong and lingers for many hours after cleaning with Pine-Sol. That's one of my major issues with this product.

Cleaning Power
I foster dogs/puppies and kittens/cats all the time. The dogs bring an incredible amount of dirt and filth onto my kitchen floors. The old and ugly linoleum floors look dirty--even on their best day. After 2 days of foster dogs running around, they look filthy.

So I turned to Pine-Sol to clean my vinyl floors. The scent is extremely strong and not very pleasant. The cleaner cuts through dirt and grease fairly easily. It is an effective cleaning fluid for vinyl floors. I You have to decide whether or not you are able to handle the artificial pine fragrance or not.

I only kept using Pine-Sol because the bottle was huge and I wanted to finish it up. The scent was unpleasant which caused me to choose other cleaning products instead of Pine-Sol.

Eventually, I just dumped the liquid and recycled the plastic bottle. I couldn't handle the scent for one second more.

My Overall Opinion
I find the Pine-Sol scent to be very dated. It is a strong artificial pine scent that repels anyone with a fully-functioning sense of smell. It cleans dirty vinyl floors fairly well but leaves an obnoxious fragrance in its wake. I would rate Pine-Sol much higher if it was sold in an unscented version.

Pine-sol Cleaner Disinfectant Deodorizer

Pine-sol Cleaner Disinfectant Deodorizer

Pine-Sol Cleaner Disinfectant Deodorizer NEW Rapidly and effectively cuts dirt and grease on all hard surfaces.Dilutable, but at full strength it's an...

Free Ship Pine-sol Cleaner Disinfectant Deodorizer

Free Ship Pine-sol Cleaner Disinfectant Deodorizer

Rapidly and effectively cuts dirt and grease on all hard surfaces.Dilutable, but at full strength it's an EPA-registered disinfectant for nonfood cont...

Pine-Sol Cleaner, 48 Fluid Ounce (Pack of 8)

Pine-Sol Cleaner, 48 Fluid Ounce (Pack of 8)

For generations, Pine-Sol Cleaner has helped clean homes. Pine-Sol Sparkling Wave Multi-Surface Cleaner effectively cuts grease and grim and has a lon...
Pine-sol 35418 Cleaner Disinfectant,144 Oz,pine,pk 3

Pine-sol 35418 Cleaner Disinfectant,144 Oz,pine,pk 3

Cleaner and Disinfectant, Size 144 oz., Recommended Dilution RTU, Color Amber, Fragrance Pine, Package Quantity 3
Zoro

Pine-Sol Clean Scent Cleaner Disinfectant Deodorizer, 3 - 144-oz. Bottles (CLO 35418)

Pine-Sol Liquid CleanerThere is a reason Clorox Pine-Sol Brand Cleaner has been around since 1929. It works hard to keep your home clean. Pine-Sol rap...
CleanItSupply.com

PINE-SOL Pine Scent Cleaner Disinfectant Deodorizer Bottle (Case of 3) 35418

PINE-SOL Pine Scent Cleaner Disinfectant Deodorizer Bottle (Case of 3) 35418

PINE-SOL 35418 Features: -Bottle.-Case of 3.-Cleaner, disinfectant and deodorizer with a fresh pine scent.-Rapidly cuts dirt and grease on hard surfac...
Wayfair Supply

12 Pine-sol 97326 24 Oz General Purpose Concentrated Cleaner And Disinfectant

12 Pine-sol 97326 24 Oz General Purpose Concentrated Cleaner And Disinfectant

Lot sale of (12) new 24 ounce bottles of Pine-Sol concentrated Cleaner, Disinfectant, Deodorizer, # 97326, item 153238 Quantity of (12) bottles: The O...

Cleaner Disinfectant Deodorizer, 60 oz. Bottle

Cleaner Disinfectant Deodorizer, 60 oz. Bottle

All-purpose cleaner and disinfectant. Kills germs, including Salmonella enterica, Staphylococcus aureus, Trichophyton mentagrophytes (Athletes Foot Fu...
Clorox 35418 Pine-Sol Liquid Cleaner, Disinfectant & Deodorizer

Clorox 35418 Pine-Sol Liquid Cleaner, Disinfectant & Deodorizer

Use Clorox Pine-Sol Liquid Cleaner, Disinfectant & Deodorizer to clean, disinfect, and deodorize countertops, sinks, tile, garbage cans, no-wax floors...
homelectrical