Frustration

May 23, 2006

Pros:It looks alright.

Cons:Afraid of big tanks. Food just sits on the grill and stays raw.

The Bottom Line: Arrgh.

I bought the Weber Q 200 this past weekend. It looked perfect for the small deck we have and in theory it is. Unless you want to use it with at 20 lb tank. The first time I hooked it up... nothing. Checked connections - they were tight. Went down and purchased a new propane tank. Mine was a few years old so I thought maybe that would do it. Nothing. So after a couple hundred pushes of the cursed red ignition button and a box of matches, I packed the grill up and returned it to Sears, for an even exchange. I still had hope at this point. Again, nothing. So I returned the adapter hose, (granted, the smart thing would've been to try returning the hose first,) and no flame. Not a blessed thing.
On and off during this process, I talked with the Weber phone techs who were pleasant enough, at first, but honestly they had a hard time reading the troubleshooting text to me over the phone, let alone convincing me that they weren't and just genuinely knew what they were talking about.
God I hate complaining, really, but am I the only one out there who finds that it's harder than ever to buy something these days that just works?
I packed everything up and returned it all. Except for the new tank. That will work great under my Coleman.