SAME MATTRESS SETS HAVE DIFFERENT NAMES!

Jan 4, 2002

The Bottom Line DON'T EXPECT TO COMPARE SUB-NAMES ON MATTRESSES WHEN YOU SHOP IN DIFFERENT STORES.

I purchase mattresses and I sell them in my store. I have discovered that most prospective buyers are not aware that the same, exact mattress set will have a different name in different stores. I would like to explain this, for anyone who is trying to compare mattress prices by seeking the same mattress set, they may have found in one store, to compare in another store.

People ask me, daily, if I carry 'name X' in Simmons mattresses. The prospective buyer has seen the name on the mattress as Simmons, and expects the name of the mattress to be the identifying procedure. . .much as model numbers are for appliances. I cannot compare the prices for the people, as each store has a different name sewn onto it (than any other store. The coverings will be different, as well. Gottschalks will have the mattress set in beautiful colors that may even have glitter effects upon them. Another store, carrying Simmons, will have the same mattress, but, it will have a different fabric upon it, and a different name sewn onto it. I belong to a huge buying group that is national, and I am able to buy mattress sets at a lesser price than anyone in our county. I pass that 'deal' onto the customer. Still, I am unable to identify which mattress set the prospective buyer is describing by knowing the name of what the person saw for a much higher price at Gottschalk's. . .as an example.

When you search for the perfect mattress, ignore the sub-name sewn onto it. If you are specifically seeking a Simmons or any other name brand mattress, ask about other identifying features that will help you to decide what to buy. Examples are: how many coils are in this mattress? Are the coils separately wrapped,(so that if my spouse or significant other is a restless sleeper, I may sleep soundly)? Does the mattress need to be flipped, ever? Is the covering so very high and so very plush that I may never find even deep pocket fitted sheets to stay on it? How long is this set guaranteed to stay in the shape I want it to be? Is this mattress dual featured? By that, I mean, is one side of the mattress plush while the other is firm.(This is available for those who just cannot agree. This is a vertical difference. . .right down the center. You need not flip the mattress to obtain these features.).

Remember, the color of the mattress is not really very important. Flashy coverings look great in the stores, but, we all use sheets! You may find the exact mattress for yourself in a fabric that is not as eye appealing, but, much less in price!

When you shop for a mattress set, do it with all the smart shopping tools that you are able to use. You will save a great deal of money while you are buying exactly what you want. That is what I consider a great shopper!

Member: g
Location: HUMBOLDT COUNTY, CA,USA
About Me: WIFE,MAMA, GRANDMA, FOSTER MOM, GUARDIANSHIP MOM, OWNER OF CORPORATION, TEACHER, COUNSELOR, HYPNOTHERAPIST!