Pfaltzgraff Cleaner 095-900-00

ratings (2 Epinions reviews)

My Dishes Look A Lot Nicer Since I've Been Using This Pfaltzgraff Cleaner

Sep 10, 2006

Pros:Cleans stains well, creamy liquid with no offensive odor

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: If you have Stainless Flatware gray marks on your dinnerware, this cleaner does a nice job on removing them.

When I first found this Pfaltzgraff Cleaner in our Bon Ton store a month ago for $7.99, I couldn't wait to try it on my Pfaltzgraff dinnerware. I have a 8 piece setting of Pfaltzgraff Folk Art Stoneware dinnerware, that I've had for about 15 years now. The background is Tan and the there is a large Blue Floral design in the middle.

Now my dinnerware is in pretty good shape. Although the tan background doesn't have that real sheen that it had when it was new. And I have some faint gray marks on some of the dinner plates and a few other serving pieces that I have. So I was hoping that this Pfaltzgraff Cleaner would maybe spruce up my dinnerware a little.

DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
I placed newspapers on my counter and then placed my dinnerware pieces on the newspaper. You can use paper towels as well, but I did have quite a few pieces to clean, and the large newspaper pieces worked best for me.

The cleaner comes in a 20 oz. plastic squeeze bottle with a flip top spout. Following the directions closely, I shook the bottle up good before using. I then squirted some of the cleaner on my dinnerware. If you have just few small stains to clean all you have to do is apply the cleaner just to the stain. But I squirted a little of the cleaner all over my dinnerware plates and let it set for about 15 minutes.

The Pfaltzgraff Cleaner comes out in a nice white creamy liquid. It doesn't have much of a scent to it either which is nice.

I had a hard time waiting for the 15 minutes to come up. I was hoping that the cleaner would make my plates take on a little more shine and also clean up a few light gray marks that were on most of my dishes.

After the 15 minutes were finally up, I took a damp sponge and rubbed the cleaner in all over the plates, and then washed each plate in warm water, rinsed the plates and dried them all with a towel. Holy Cow I said, what a difference the cleaner made. The Tan background cleaned the surface so well, that the background did look a little more shiny then it did before. The design in the middle of the plate is a dark blue and is raised a little. Even the blue design seem to stand out a lot more then it did before I used the cleaner. Of course my dinnerware didn't look brand new like when I purchased them years ago, but I can say that they sure looked a lot better then they did before I used the Pfaltzgraff Cleaner on them. I was quite happy with the results. So I continued to use the cleaner on the rest of my dinnerware and other Pfaltzgraff serving pieces that I had.

According to the label on the bottle, those gray marks that I had showing on my dinnerware were from my stainless flatware which I didn't know.

SURFACES THAT CAN BE CLEANED:

Fine China
Painted Ceramics
Soft-bodied Earthenware
Metal or Gilded surfaces

I found this Pfaltzgraff Cleaner can also be used on Corningware and Corelle Dishes. We don't use my Pfaltzgraff cups for our coffee or tea, because the cups are small. Although I do use them for company. I do have several large Corelle mugs that we do use everyday. I drink green tea and my husband drinks tons of coffee. The tea and coffee does stain the cups after a while. So every now and then I do use the Pfaltzgraff Cleaner on the mugs which does remove all the tea and coffee stains quite well.

About 2 weeks ago in a garage sale I found a cookie jar that matches my Pfaltzgraff Folk Art Dinnerware for $2.00. The tan knob on the lid of the cookie jar was a lot darker then the tan coloring on the cookie jar and looked sort of grimy looking from use. I took it home and applied a little of the Pfaltzgraff Cleaner on the knob and waited. When I cleaned it off most of the dirt on the knob came off. So I applied a little more of the cleaner and waited. When I cleaned that application of the cleaner off, I was pleasantly surprised to see a clean knob, that matched the rest of the cookie jar. That cookie jar now sits on my counter looking pretty darn nice.

INGREDIENTS TAKEN FROM THE BOTTLE:
Contains Phosphoric Acid, Ferric Cloride and Silica. Avoid any contact with the eyes. If in contact with the eyes, flush out the eyes with water for 15 minutes. This Pfaltzgraff Cleaner should also be kept out of the reach of children.

You should avoid letting any of the cleaner stay on any countertop or plastic surface, and should be wiped up immediately. When I did clean my Dinnerware on my counter, I did use newspaper on the counter. But I did notice 2 tiny spots that the cleaner did manage to get on my counter, even though I did have the newspaper on it. I did wipe it up quickly, and luckily it didn't do any harm to my counter.

MY FINAL THOUGHTS:

Down the road I plan on buying another set of Pfaltzgraff Stoneware Dinnerware in another style and color. Will I still be buying more of the Pfaltzgraff Cleaner? You bet I will. I think it did a nice job on making my old Dinnerware look a little better, and I know I will still be getting those gray marks from my stainless flatware on most of my Pfaltzgraff pieces. When you choose this Pfaltzgraff Cleaner, you can be assured of getting great cleaning results, and I highly recommend it.

Thanks For Reading and Happy Cleaning!!

Naomi7835

Pfaltzgraff Plastic Wood Grain Tray

Pfaltzgraff Plastic Wood Grain Tray

Bombay brings together the style and feel of the modern day world traveler. Infused with pattern, texture and color, these home goods will add a punch...
Pfaltzgraff

Pfaltzgraff Cast Iron Hanging Garden Fork & Trowel Naturewood

Pfaltzgraff Cast Iron Hanging Garden Fork & Trowel Naturewood

Pfaltzgraff Pfaltzgraff Cast Iron Hanging Garden Fork Trowel Naturewood This Cast Iron Garden Fork and Trowel with Hook are perfect for any room of yo...

Tire Balls Tire Mounting Lubricant - 8lbs. Pail 12-095

Tire Balls Tire Mounting Lubricant - 8lbs. Pail 12-095

Powered by Frooition Pro Shop Search Tire Balls Tire Mounting Lubricant - 8lbs. Pail 12-095 Click here to view full size. Full Size Image Click to clo...

Pfaltzgraff 18-Inch 3 Tealight Garden Brown

Pfaltzgraff 18-Inch 3 Tealight Garden Brown

This Elements 3- Tealight Linear brings a natural look to your home décor while introducing ambient lighting into your living space. The 3 amber mercu...

HL-095HA Homelite String Head Assembly

HL-095HA Homelite String Head Assembly

Arnold Corp HL-095HA Homelite String Head Assembly
395-095 Universal Steel Brushcutter Blade

395-095 Universal Steel Brushcutter Blade

New Old Stock that is new but been around on the shelf for awhile. .. See my store for additional Shindaiwa parts location 3HH Steel Trimmer Blade: St...