Terrible

Sep 17, 2006 (Updated Oct 7, 2006)

Pros:Good sound quality at first

Cons:Die too fast.

The Bottom Line: These are comfortable and they sound excellent. The durability and life is horrible though.

Update - Sep 18 06 The right earpiece has died after a month. Do not buy these.

Update - Oct 7 06 Bought a second pair... they were completely dead out of the package.

I needed a pair of lightweight headphones to use with my computer and walkman so I headed to my local Circuit City. When I got there, I walked in, checked out a few Verizon Wireless phones, and viewed the headphone rack (which was convienently located next to the Verizon stand). The cheapest pair on the rack were the Coby CV-H42 headphones for $9.99. It was the right sized pair from a brand I trust so I paid for them and left. Of course, it was only until recently I started trusting Coby again after paying $7 for the CVH47 which did not work. I read reviews on these then decided Coby is OK again. I got home and plugged these in worrying they would not work. I was wrong. I opened up iTunes and played some music. The sound quality was exceptional and clear. The bass was deep. The speaker drivers are 40mm which is large for the price. The cheapest pair of headphones with 40mm drivers besides these are the sony MDR XD200 which cost $30 and are the home style type (I'm gonna buy those with an iPod later - stay tuned for my reviews). The mids and highs are extremely clear and allow for a pleasant listening experience! Unfortunately these arent the most durable. They are "wiggly" and the pads that come on the headphones are way too thin - one ripped and now I have to unmatching pads... however these are still more than worth the price.