Dutch Boy 1 Quart Dirt Fighter Exterior Acrylic Latex Satin Ultra White

Dutch Boy 1 Quart Dirt Fighter Exterior Acrylic Latex Satin Ultra White

ratings (1 Epinions review)

Your House Reflects YOU

Oct 15, 2006

Pros:very good cover, stays cleaner longer.

Cons:It can get pricey but it is worth the extra $$$.

The Bottom Line: Spend more and get a better quality paint. It lasts longer and covers better than the cheaper paint.

There is little more reflective of the person you are than your home. It is the first impression people have of you when they drive up to your house for the first time. When selling your home, curb appeal can mean the difference between a buyer and a sold sign and waiting for months for the sale.

The best way to clean up your home is to paint it. Not all paints are created equal. I bought some of Wal-Mart's crappy paint and it took an entire bucket to cover light gray. Then I bought Dutch Boy brand paint and what a difference a label can make. The paint covered quickly and efficiently. A quart of Dutch Boy is worth a gallon of the cheaper brands.

The Dirt Fighter helps prevent soiling of the paint. I know how quickly a clean paint job can begin to deteriorate once the weather begins to wear on it. That is the purpose of Dutch Boy's Dirt Fighter.

I recently painted the trim on my house and I was thrilled with how quickly I could get the job done with Dutch Boy's Exterior Paint. I trimmed my house in white rather than the old dark gray that I hated for so many years. It made such a difference in giving the house a lift. I then painted the house in a darker gray and the contrast was really beautiful.
We were thinking of selling the house but after the new paint job, we decided against it. We have had so many compliments on the house. I am glad I spent the extra money to get a better paint. The job went much more quickly since I didn't have to go back and touch up the touch up. Good paint has a thick silky quality to it instead of the thin watery substance of a cheaper brand. it only takes one stroke to notice the difference.

Here is what Dutch Boy says about their paint: "Tough on dirt. Tough on stains. Premium-Quality Interior Finish. One-Coat Coverage saves you time. Provides durable, washable finish. Prolong that freshly painted look with Dirt Fighter, a specially formulated latex that withstands and discourages household dirt and stains.

I asked about what the difference is between exterior paint and interior paint and the exterior paint is more durable but said the person I asked, "You can certainly use exterior paint indoors." I have some touch-up work to do on my white trim indoors and so I am planning on using this paint to do the job.