Wonderful Bagless Vac

Nov 26, 2006

Pros:Efficient, powerful, easy to use.

Cons:The larger attachments don't store onboard so they are often not where I am cleaning.

The Bottom Line: Recommended. Cleans quickly and efficiently; easy to use, durable, and appropriately priced.

I've had my Hoover WindTunnel Bagless canister vac for over a year now and I've used it alot. With six cats, two children and a woodland out back, we have loads of foreign matter that needs vacuuming regularly. I am impressed with the quality of this product, and haven't had any of the trouble with parts breaking that some of the other reviewers have mentioned. My kids (9 and 10) vacuum occasionally, but I never have them empty the collection cup ... as with boys the world over, latches, knobs and controls just seem to fail at the sight of them. This vacuum cleans the rugs really well, and the attachments work on the many other surfaces in my house: I have hardwood floors with area rugs, tile floors, carpeted stairs, and I even use it in the car. Like lots of other reviews here, I'd like a larger collection cup. I empty it at least once, often two or three times while doing the whole house. And a small bit of advice: if you're going to purchase this vac, spring for an extra filter. They are washable, but slow to dry, so I just alternate, changing one out when I feel the suction getting low, then take my time cleaning it well while the other one is put to work in the vacuum cleaner. (They are about $15 online, and I searched all the bricks-and-mortar stores for them unsuccessfully.)