El Dorado Hotel & Casino Shreveport, LA

El Dorado Hotel & Casino Shreveport, LA

ratings (1 Epinions review)

El Dorado Hotel & Casino Shreveport Truly a City of Gold

Dec 11, 2006

Pros:The rooms, casino, staff

Cons:Can be crowded on weekends.

The Bottom Line: This is a nice hotel and casino! 4 Stars in my book!

The El Dorado Hotel & Casino Shreveport, LA is in my opinion the best that Shreveport, Bossier has to offer. The hotel was sold about a year ago, until that time it was known as the Hollywood Hotel & Casino. The new owners did do some major renovations but mostly to the Casino and not the hotel.

I recently stayed at the El Dorado Hotel & Casino on a trip to visit my new granddaughter. I had earned a free night through their rewards program and decided to use it since I would be in the area visiting and knew that this would be a place for me to stay that I would feel safe, since I would be traveling by myself.

The Hotel

The hotel itself has 403 rooms that are all suites. Each one is decorated beautifully and the room that I got that night was no exception. I have never stayed in this hotel that I got a room that was dirty or not beautifully decorated. The entrance to the hotel is not that grand , but is well lit at night and you can either park yourself in the garage across the street or they do have valet parking available. I chose to park myself and walk across the street to the hotel and casino. Check in was very quick and simple, the front desk clerk was very friendly and greeted me with a warm hello upon my arrival at the desk. My room was ready and I was given the key and she explained how to use the elevator. You must have a room key to be able to go up to the hotel rooms, this makes me feel safer knowing that to get to the hotel floors you must have a key. I made my way to the elevator and up to my room without incident. The hotel also offers a spa for its guest, but I have never used their services while there.

The Room

Upon entering my room, I was immediately pleased. The room was decorated with beautiful black and white pictures of old movie stars back in their glamour days. There were two queen beds, two chairs a table and an entertainment center with a large tv. The beds were soft and comfortable with plenty of great pillows with a variety of different firmness, you could pick how firm or how soft you wanted your pillow with no problem. The room was cool and well lit and I immediately felt comfortable.

The bathroom was huge and had large marble tiles. Their was an oversized tub that was perfect for soaking and a separate shower that was also big and roomy. There were plenty of towels and wash cloths, neatly folded and placed on the racks in the bathroom. There was a telephone on the wall and a large vanity with a sink. There was a coffee pot, shampoo, shower gel, lotion and a blow dryer for my use. Just outside the bathroom was a large closet with an ironing board and iron.

The television worked well and had what I consider to be enough channels when staying at a casino. I hadn’t planned on doing a lot of tv watching, but was going to do a little gambling. I unpacked and quickly was off for the casino.

The Casino

Earlier I mentioned that the Casino had undergone some major renovations since it was sold a year ago. They were immediately obvious to me upon entering the casino. They had moved many of the slot machines around, put in quite a few new slot machines and had completely redone one floor to add a Texas Hold Em Poker room that is very large. I mostly stick to slots and video poker, but my husband really enjoys the table games at this casino.

The El Dorado Casino boasts that it has over 1300 slot machines. They do have the new ticket technology, so that you can cash out and receive a ticket and take that ticket to the next machine to continue playing without having to carry around a lot of coins.

They also offer, Roulette, Blackjack, Caribbean Stud Poker, Craps, and Mini-Baccarat . They have plenty of video keno and poker machines for you to enjoy.

The casino was clean and the wait staff was very attentive and friendly. Every person that worked for the casino was personable and always spoke. I was very impressed with everyone who worked in the casino.

The Restaurants

The El Dorado Casino and Hotel have several nice places to eat.

The Café features pre-made sandwiches, salads and pastries. The prices are not that bad and the food was good.

The Market Place Buffet is your typical casino buffet. The food here is very good, but not worth the high price. If it is a comp then by all means enjoy, but at 15.95 a person the food is not worth that price.

The Vintage is a full service restaurant that serves steaks, prime rib and all the trimmings. I have never eaten here, but everyone that has says the food is very good.

Sportman’s Paradise Café is a wonderful place to eat. Open 24 hours a day they have great sandwiches, burgers and also serve a great breakfast. The prices are reasonable and the service was very good.

The Deli is located on the third floor of the casino and serves hot dogs, pretzels, nachos etc. It is a little over priced, but a great place to grab a quick snack without ever leaving the casino.

I have not had a bad experience in any of the restaurants I have visited here. The service has always been great and the food too.

Final Thoughts

The El Dorado Hotel and Casino offers a players club card that is a great way to earn comps, such as free food, cash or even a free room for a night or two.

I have always enjoyed my stay at the El Dorado Hotel and Casino. They have always provided me with a great room, great service and a lot of fun in the casino. If you are considering a trip to the Shreveport/Bossier City Louisiana area this is definitely a place you need to check out. You really can’t go wrong staying here.