An Awesome Car Seat!

Dec 22, 2006

Pros:It was easy to install, comfortable, tilts back, and adjusts easily.

Cons:I honestly cannot come up with one at this point.

The Bottom Line: I would recommend this product to anyone without hesitation.

I was in a bad car accident last week and was in need of a new car seat. Previously, we had the Evenflo Triumph, which I had research extensively before making a purchase. I DO care about my child's safety, but I am bound and determined to not fall into buying the trendy, and what I feel is overpriced, Britax brand. I'm stubborn that way. While I have nothing but good things to say about the Triumph, a friend had sent me an e-video about a little boy who was killed in a car accident due to a seatbelt failure in securing his booster seat. Apparently, seatbelts can fail, and so it is important to use a booster that has a five point harness rather than rely solely on the seatbelt. As a result of this new information, I decided to embark on a new quest: finding a car seat that is affordable, has a five point harness, will grow with my child and is not too ugly. The Eddie Bauer 3 and 1 has all of these purchase points and it’s not bad looking :) (brown with hounds tooth fabric on inside).I have to be honest here; I cannot see where people are having difficulty with the straps twisting. Maybe the company has made improvements on the product since the other reviews were written. All I can say is I have no complaints so far. Oh, one more thing, I love that it has the strap for releasing and tightening the harness on the bottom part of the seat. It is much more convenient than the mechanism on the Triumph.