CHEWIE CHARLIES Quick and Easy No Bake Cookie Recipe!

Dec 21, 2002

Popular Products in Toys
The Bottom Line Thanks to the EP Royalty for Quick Meal Recipes in Writers Corner. Hey, a little buttering up never hurt anyone! Sorry, bad pun! I just couldn't help myself.

REQUEST FROM AJ, HERE YA GO KIDDO!

As some of you know my son AJ aka Pv2 Becraft, is spending his first Christmas away from home. He called a couple of days ago and asked for my CHEWIE CHARLIE cookie recipe. This is a no bake cookie recipe that is quite easy to make. Another plus is the ingredients are common ones usually found in most households. My kids and I have made these more times than I can count and they have become an all time favorite. I have even seen these for sale in the stores, but they do not call them CHEWIE CHARLIES. I think the chewy part fits because they are slightly chewy, as for the Charlie part; well your guess is as good as mine. Anyway here is the recipe and I hope you enjoy eating and making them with your children (if ya have any) as I have with mine.

CHEWIE CHARLIES

2 cups sugar
cups cocoa
cup milk
lb. butter

cup peanut butter (I like crunchy, but it doesn’t matter)
3 cups quick cooking oatmeal
1 tsp. vanilla
Pinch of salt

13x9x2 in pan – greased

Dump peanut butter, oatmeal, vanilla and pinch of salt in large bowl. Set aside.

Combine sugar, cocoa, milk and butter in a large saucepan. Stir together and bring to boil for 1 minutes. Pour into bowl of peanut butter, oatmeal, vanilla & salt. Mix well and pour into greased pan OR drop spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet OR drop spoonfuls onto sheets of wax paper. Cool in refrigerator or leave on countertop to cool. This depends on how fast you want to eat them.
If using greased pan, cut into squares after cooling

AJ have fun making these and of course have lots of fun and good memories eating them! Love, Mom

Member: Char (pronounced Shar)
Location: fife, Scotland
About Me: My heart, my head and my soul belong to Scotland.