Unhappy with Mr. Coffee Steam Espresso/Cappuccino Maker

Mar 22, 2007

Pros:If making espresso only, it does a decent job.

Cons:It froths the milk, but it is just luke-warm.

The Bottom Line: My final recommendation is do not waste your money on this product.

I received the Mr. Coffee ECM20- 2 Steam Espresso and Cappuccino Maker for Christmas two years ago and this machine was a huge disappointment. It does have a good instructional manual included and it is super easy to clean. If this was just purchased for espresso only, then this would have been a good buy. Since making a good cup of espresso requires a great deal of pressure being forced through espresso or coffee grounds slowly, the Mr. Coffee Espresso Maker does do this adequately.
However, I wanted to make lattes and cappuccinos. The frothing gadget did a great job frothing the milk but the temperature of the milk was only a tad above warm, at best. I would have to finish warming up the milk in the microwave before finishing making my latte.
This was my first Espresso machine and I did not want my husband to spend a lot of money on it. The expression You get what you pay for is so appropriate here. I did keep it for two years and used in almost daily. I was so glad when it finally just died on me and I could go and purchase a better machine. I would not recommend this machine.