Comments on Priceline.com: The "No Option" Flight Reservation Service" (7 total)
  Comment Sorted by
Date Written
These online travel agencies sucks
by victims
These online travel agencies sucks:
I had a really bad experience using EXPEDIA.COM that I decided to run a website
( http://www.victimsofexpedia.com ) to alert as many people as I can about how Expedia works to steal money from customers.

Apr 25, 2006
4:30 pm PDT

These online travel agencies sucks
by victims
These online travel agencies sucks:
I had a really bad experience using EXPEDIA.COM that I decided to run a website

Apr 25, 2006
4:30 pm PDT

I didn't live through a nightmare...
by agentunderfire
...but my roomate did. She found she booked her flight for the wrong date and she had a terrible time with them.

There is a "one-time, just this once, emergency" cancellation option, and although the website said she'd be charged for the flight anyway, a final receipt said she'd only be charged $5.95 in cancelling it.

Her parents got the bill and flipped out. She ended up being charged even more than the ticket cost. She tried calling their customer service line and they *HUNG UP* on her. Then they BLOCKED her next attempts to call from her phone, becuase she could not get through to them after that.

Thankfully, her credit card company was great and with her reciept she got her credit, but man. NEVER use Priceline.com!

Good review, you explain the complications and intricacies of their procedures very well. (They seem rather fishy and require you to click to one too many pages...)I too don't like the credit card before the tickets are found. Makes you wonder if they're legitimate. After, they've got William Shatner attempting to sing in their commercials... O_O
Jul 12, 2004
6:52 pm PDT

I've lived through all your gripes about Priceline!
by seal-c
I wanted an international flight to a specific airport, a specific date, and unfortunately settled for Priceline's crappy scheduler. I placed a bid late at night, and in the morning, I got an e-mail response saying my bid had been accepted. However, it was to a DIFFERENT airport in a DIFFERENT city! They would not issue a refund, and it was hell trying to get a credit issued. Bottom line... stay away!
Jul 9, 2002
1:50 pm PDT

My experience with Priceline.com in flight reservations....
by NFP
...over a year ago was so bad, I made up my mind never to use them again. I haven't even been tempted.

My life requires flexibility. I'd rather pay more and not have the aggravation of trying to figure what the heck it is I just bought, and if I can amend it to fit changing circumstances. Personally, I have found that between Orbitz and the airline websites themselves I can get just about anything I require easily at a fair, competitive price without the uncertainty.

Your review confirms my predisposition.

cheers,

nick
Aug 7, 2001
1:09 pm PDT

by iamadj4u
Your review was very helpful. I'm trying to book cheap tickets for my sister to come out and visit and as a last resort I was going to try Priceline I'll save the aggravation. Thanks again.
Aug 2, 2001
11:40 pm PDT

Great review, bad service.
by scottcolson
I had bad experiences with Priceline.com and will not use it again. I appreciate you writing this thorough review.

I have had better experience with hotwire.com. Again you don't get to pick your times, but they have given me better flights and they TELL you what price you can get. It's quite a service.

Thanks for writing about this.

Scott (M.D.)