Brew Station- Coffee on Demand

May 1, 2007

Pros:Filter basket comes out so it is easy to dump grounds.

Cons:Water level guide in coffee tank is hard to see in low light.

The Bottom Line: If you like coffee, this Brew Station is for you!

I am definitely a heavy coffee drinker. I first started drinking tea when I was 13 years old as a newspaper delivery boy. Then when I joined the Marines I got used to drink hot black coffee since we usually ran out of cream and sugar and to stay awake on guard duty. During the last 25 years I have tried many different coffee makers but on Father’s day did I get a surprise. The wife bought me the Hamilton Beach Brew Station model 47665 and I was in coffee heaven.
I like it because it the coffee seems to stay fresher longer due to the brewing system being enclosed which keeps in the heat and flavor. You can make 2 to 12 cups of coffee. The one hand dispensing is great. Yes I have broken a few glass carafes. The 2 hour shutoff is great so you do not have to clean burned coffee off the bottom of a carafe. My model has the clock which is easy to set with the 2 buttons labeled H for hour and M for minute. My wife sets the Auto Brew so I can wake up at 3 AM and wonder into the kitchen and have my first cup by pushing my cup against the dispensing bar. This is what I call coffee on demand.